News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Coupon code entry takes two attempts - Please Help!

Started by camble, January 30, 2013, 00:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

camble

Hi guys,
I am having a real problem here!

Basically I have done a Joomla site with my own skins etc, I have used VM 2.0.14 as the ecommerce platform and reskinned that, all seems perfect so far.

However I decided the other day to enable the Voucher Code system.
When a user who is already logged in and is in the basket page, enters a coupon into the field and clicks Save, it refreshes the page but does not "read" what they have input. However, if they then were to put it in again, or anything in that box, it works.

It seems as if the basket falls one step behind after anything is entered into the Coupon code box.

For example, if I go to the basket and type in "test1" into the coupon code box and click Save, the page refreshes and nothing seems to happen. If I then enter "test2" into the box and click Save, the page will refresh and either apply "test1" code or will display "test1 is not a valid coupon". If I then decided to try "test3", the same will happen whereby the page will refresh and either apply "test2" or display "test2 is not a valid coupon".

I've tried everything to replicate this issue, I setup a new dev site and installed the same version of Joomla and VM, and the system worked fine. I then imported a copy of my live site's database and tested, all seems fine. I've overwritten all of the files with my live site's files and I simply cannot replicate this issue!

Any help would be huge!

Thank you
Liam

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Parsimonious

Joomla 2.5.8
VM 1.0.18a

I'm having the same issue on my site. I don't have an active coupon right now to show the issue, but I'll try to remember to add one tomorrow.