News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Clear upgrade process for 1.9.8 RC2M to 2.0.0 Stable

Started by Clocked0ne, January 09, 2012, 14:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clocked0ne

Hi All,

I've made a few sites using Joomla/Virtumart and it has always been a winning combination. The latest site I decided to configure using the new VM and have been using 1.9.8 RC2 M.

After attempting the auto-upgrade to aoi and VM from the backend striaght to 2.0.0, I had the issue of products vanishing and have had to do a restore.

Can someone please help to confirm the below or provide a clear set of steps to take to upgrade from 1.9.8 RC2 M to 2.0.0, I'm sure this would help a lot of people with the same problems?

First important step, create an Akeeba backup

Second step it seems is to update to the intermediate release N/RC3 following this: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94183.0
- very important before you update to check that your default joomla frontend language is the same as you use in the description of your products - if using one language/English I do not need to set a language in VM, only Joomla?
- disable the joomla debug, the akeeba enhanced installer and maybe even the vm debugger
- rise the max_execution time and the memory_limit to prevent that the script stops - (may not be possible for me)
- REMEMBER to install both, CORE and AIO!

Then, run the update to 2.0.0?

Have I missed any other important steps or steps that were not in the original update instructions?

JJBW

Hi all

Same here.  I've tried various ways to upgrade from 1.9.8m to 2.0.0 but no luck.  The last time I tried it I got somwhere near but the shipping and payment options in the cart wouldn't work.

A step by step guide to upgrade from 1.9.8m to 2.0.0 would help a huge amount.  Can someone help please?

The backend AIO component suggests that there is an upgrade from 1.9.8m to 2.0.0 is this option working?  Or should it work?

Many thanks.

JJBW

Hi all.

No worries got this sorted now.  I uninstalled old (everything) and installed new through Joomla them altered template overrides.  Ding dong!!

What a brilliant cart!!

Thanks to everyone involved.

Clocked0ne

Right, it seems these instructions as I wrote do work - the problem was the script was not finishing executing on my server, I tried a copy made on a different server and it ran through fine.

The only issue I found is that on the front end of the site my categories/products come up as 404 not found - this was down to my custom VM template modifications in /templates/templatename/html/

I hope this is useful to someone experiencing the same difficulties. :)

Clocked0ne

One final issue (I'm hoping someone might finally reply :D)...

I have upgraded the All-in-one to 2.0 final twice now, first time without deleting old plugins, just de-installing, second time I deleted all the plugins, but still after both times all the plugins show version 2.0RC3?

Clocked0ne

Come on guys, this must be a 2 second job for someone in the know to answer, I've tried searching and it's been asked a few times before with no response, someone must know?

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95450.msg313330#msg313330

Milbo

Quote from: Clocked0ne on January 19, 2012, 14:41:16 PM
One final issue (I'm hoping someone might finally reply :D)...

I have upgraded the All-in-one to 2.0 final twice now, first time without deleting old plugins, just de-installing, second time I deleted all the plugins, but still after both times all the plugins show version 2.0RC3?
This is maybe just a small "bug" in the xml of the plugins. or in the sql we use to install them, because it is not a joomla native way. I am quite sure you have the new files.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Clocked0ne

Thank you for taking the time to respond, much appreciated :)