News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart Standard Layout displays (almost) nothing [SOLVED]

Started by bmueller, January 18, 2012, 20:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmueller

Hi, I am new to Virtuemart 2.0 and just installed it on my Joomla 1.7.3. The installation went smooth, I added some products and categories, no problem.
Then I wanted to see the shop on my page. I created a "Shop" Menu and assigned it the "Virtuemart Standard Layout"
The only thing that gets displayed are three rows of:

Aktionsprodukte

Neueste Produkte

Top Ten Produkte

That's it, no more no less. No products, no other stuff. I tested different themes, but nothing changes. I tested some other modules, like Product details layout.
If I select a product that I have entered and that even has a quantity and a price, I only get the message "Sorry! The searched product could not be found" (just above the three rows)
What did I do wrong ?
(Generally I think Virtuemart is a good product, but the documentation only focuses on the store functionality, not on how to integrate the store into a site)

Cheers,
Bernhard

bmueller

OK, I have more infos. I have a multilingual website. It seems like the shop was created in English. This is the default language that displays when I click on "Shop" in the Control Center of Virtuemart.
If I load the Shop in English, I can see products as expected. But if I load the Shop in German, I see nothing, as described.
So how can I have a multilingual Shop that works in all languages of my website ?

PRO

in each product and category, you fill in the details in that langiage.

Go into the product, and you will see a dropdown

bmueller