News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Recommend to a friend link - You must login first

Started by jammy_basturd, January 16, 2012, 23:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammy_basturd

First of all, great job on version two. Easily the best free e-commerce solution I've tried, used and configured. By a long way.

One question: when I enable the 'Recommend to a friend' link, I get the little envelope on each product listing. When I click this I get a popup, but in that popup I get the message 'You must login first'. Is there any way I can open this up so that it is available to public?

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

Do you really want your site to be used for mass spamming? The login requirement is there for a reason, but if you really want to do it I guess you will need to locate where the check is made for a registered, logged in user and hack the code. I don't know where to do that.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jammy_basturd

There are many ways to stop spam. Plus I think this particular site will have enough of a web presence to be bothered much by spam, more over the contact us page I feel will probably attract any spammers before the popup form activated by the tiny little envelope icon.

I'd just much rather potential customers at the very worst have to just enter a captcha to send their enquiry, rather than go through a whole registration form.

CE WebDesign München

found this extention iRecommend for social email button here: http://ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extensions/component-irecommend.html
you can ask for a plugin for this component working in any joomla module position (so right under vm-sites too)
highly customiseable, multilingual, excellent support!
CE WebDesign München: https://ce-webdesign.de | Websites, eCommerce WebShops | Responsive Design | SEO

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: jammy_basturd on January 16, 2012, 23:16:51 PM
One question: when I enable the 'Recommend to a friend' link, I get the little envelope on each product listing. When I click this I get a popup, but in that popup I get the message 'You must login first'. Is there any way I can open this up so that it is available to public?

Go to "Configuration / Shopfront " and enable "Allow non logged to send questions" and all these e-mails will be allowed
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece