News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Free Shipping

Started by ravynn, January 12, 2012, 03:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravynn

Hoping to find a solution.

Shipping is intended as $0, I tried both with and without shippers and I receive an error when trying to  process order

We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.

Order stops there & can't be processed. Any way to set up so shipping is included in price or eliminate the requirment of a shipper all together?

PRO

You set the weight to 0.  then set a shipping rate for 0 dollars for 0 weight

ravynn

The products were set to 0 weight and shipping to 0$.

On the cart page, it does list

No shipment selected   
Select shipment

Clicking on Select Shipment, brings up:

Please select a shipment method
SAVE    CANCEL
We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.

Venkko

Have you add bill to or ship to addresses on the cart?
It won't give you payment or shipment methods until the system knows where to ship the product.
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

ravynn

That may be the source of the problem. When I click Add Address under Shipment Addresses, it refreshes the page instead of adding an address. Below, additional information has the address - I thought it may be a labeling issue.

I couldn't see anything on the forums that is related to this, is there another way to force an address in? 

avd

a simple solution - add shipment method like "Digital" and check box "Enable Automatic Selected Shipment" in VM Configuration.thats all.

ravynn

Thanks Avd, but Enable Automatic Selected Shipment was already selected.

But since it seemed like it should work, I reinstalled the com_virtuemart_ext_aio.2.0.0 and set the shipper back up, added a second one for good measure, but changing the option for Enable Automatic Selected Shipment didn't seem to have any affect - on or off.

I still can't get shipping to work properly

John2400

I found that shipping can be free and set just like it is explained above but it is not the weight that it is looking at - it is the zip code

Put in one attribute and make sure that Zip starts at 00000 and finishes with 999999 or what ever option your country uses.

Thus when the customer adds their address it will accept the weight at 0 and the zip code.

Once you have done that - in configuration - turn off the shipping option and it will work.

Your customers won't have to choose a shipper.

Call your custom shipper " free shipping"