News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM2 Customer registration

Started by jamedia, January 11, 2012, 00:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juagicre

Hi!

Having joomla registered users as a shopper users it's a big improvement from vm1.X, this sounds like if you're registered and no more info it's needed :) you can just checkout without any problem, right?
So, my registered user it's about to checkout as you can see here:
First picture uploaded (confirmorder.png)
Then it's suposed you get redirected to the payment screen (in my case paypal)... but my users instead get redirected to this page:
Second picture uploaded: checkoutirruption.png
How can I avoid this? I want them to go directly to the payment screen... not this :( what do I have to configure or tune?

Thanks for your help!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

JohnnyC

I don't know if this exists at VM1.X, but at VM2 there is an option in Control Panel->Configuration->Checkout, that enables or disables the user registration during checkout.

juagicre

I'm using vm2.0.1 so i can see this options as well, at the image you get how i have this configured...
I tryied with the "Only registered users can checkout" but still they get redirected to the "checkoutirruption.png" (see image of my previous post).
My registered user is able to checkout but needs to do it without being first redirected to this "save" page... (it's confusing!) also i unchecked all the "agree with terms" just in case it's needed to continue, but i can't get rid of this at the users fields, as it's locked :(

Milbo

You can also disable the locked fields, when you go in the edit detail view.

I try to understand what you try todo.... When you want only registered users being able to checkout, then you must show the locked userfields, because they are the joomla fields for the registration, email, username, nickname, password.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

John2400

Milbo ,

I have updated to VM 2.0.1c and joomla 2.5.1 and have just tested my shop.

I see that the customer has to register first an account in Joomla, the they receive an email that confirms their registration. Then they must go back to the site find the shopping cart.
login and edit their user details and then click save and then Cancel to leave the screen. Then find the billing information and so On --
Is this true ? 

In my previous versions this was the perfect process - get to the screen , type the billing address and away you go - ? surely we can go back - I have set up lots of old 1.5 vm 1 shops and never been hit by spam.

Am I missing something in my setup? The vendor will lose money - clients will not buy

JohnnyC

I think VM 2.0.1 has this problem solved, as said in this thread. I haven't tried yet but there maybe a common registration module, not only for username and email but for all the profile information... isn't it?? I am gonna try it when J2.5.1 and VM2.0.1 are stable and my VM theme updates to be compatible (it's a free theme)

jenkinhill

This is a Joomla setting - "If user registration is enabled (in User Manager > Options), another link will be shown to enable self-registration for users."

So go to User manager, select Options, then
Users Configuration  -> Yes
New User Account Activation -> None
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Quote from: John2400 on February 03, 2012, 11:37:00 AM
I see that the customer has to register first an account in Joomla, the they receive an email that confirms their registration. Then they must go back to the site find the shopping cart.
login and edit their user details and then click save and then Cancel to leave the screen. Then find the billing information and so On --
Is this true ? 
Heavens NOOOO !
You can just add your stuff as anonymous, enter cart, press checkout, then you are asked for your details, you can DIRECTLY register there and proceed with the checkout without any interruption. I am wondering why this is not clear. Of course, you can do settings so that this does not work. For example joomla is configurated so that people have to confirm via email. You must disable that.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

humm...
Milbo, maybe its because some % of all webstores are configured to costumers do they registration first (without doing some checkout with no registration mode active..)... i think  ::)
in vm1.1.x costumers must register first... then many of us are still accustomed to this process...
and filling the main form of VM registration directly..
not like now...
the joomla registration form first.. and then the VM registration forms..
or do some checkout without any interruption / registration... and in the end do that registration..
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

John2400

Hi everyone who had a go at answering this -

JM 2.5.1 and VM 2.0.1 c -  I tried all those options, Jenkinhill - Firstly have I got the settings right as I click and saved several times waited for the joomla to reconfigure just incase and still from the cart billing screen it to pushes me to login first.

* to Milbo - I love the noooo as on every other version I had and every other shop in earlier versions , my shops worked just like you described. So I do understand the process but this version was instantly set to push me to the login first - I have seen others write what I wrote and I could not understand what they ment. ( now I do because of this process)

* to Poplipes - You might be right too but as I stated earlier - the update change this setting - without me doing any special configuration in Joomla or Virtuemart.

* So everyone could you have a look , see what my settings are and then I'll reply to say the registration works.

* just updated - VM 2.0.1d - still not solved ( just so you know) .

* Ihave a little time today as my house is surrounded by flood water - the river is about 100m from me ( normall 10m wide) now 300m wide raging. still up second day - trapped but the internet works - Australia.

Milbo

I think I should show john via skype the right setting.

Just what virtuemart 2 can do since almost a year now.

Our standard test is adding products as anonymous and do the checkout, after the checkout can can be registered without leaving the checkout process! Hmm someone should do a video.

VM2 registration process is absolutly flexible,.. you can do the checkout process,.. checkout as anonymous, clicking on the VM registration page and your stuff is prefilled. You can enter the process and check that you just forgot to login and you can do that without loosing your cart. When you click as anonymous on checkout and you are not registered when seeing thank you then your shop is not correct configured.

John2400

Just to let you know -
I read Milbo's message and sent him a message.  I live in Australia ( time Sydney Time ) - I'm online at 11.41pm Saturday which is about 1.41pm in Germany.
If you skype then you will have to pick now - or guess ( Australian time after my 7.00pm any night of the week)

I'll continue to look at the settings -
* for me almost everything works well
* except paypal emails, to customer and vendor,
* and like the rest just attributes in products - ( yes I have put them in other forums or I watch the progress there)

* OK after a good conversation - I will rebuild a site with JM 1.7.5 and VM 2.0.1 ( versions and updates) + have a 2.5 test site in another folder.

Then I'll post issues. -

Again some like me jumped to 2.5. + Joomla due to the concern of upgrading ( later) - I hope there is an easier upgrade than 1.5 joomla to 1.7 Joomla (migration)

WDCT

The only solution I found to work in order for the user to register and checkout at the sametime, was to change new user account activation = none.

This not only solved the issue for the client to wait for his confirmation email, but also helped to display the users' order in is order list, as the client was logged in when he completed and confirmed the order.

jenkinhill

Quote from: WDCT on February 16, 2012, 13:09:42 PM
The only solution I found to work in order for the user to register and checkout at the sametime, was to change new user account activation = none.as logged in when he completed and confirmed the order.
Correct - as mentioned in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96215.msg321108#msg321108

Seems that the current Joomla default on installation is to require vaildation, so this needs changing for every new site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Georgios Kolomvos

Customer registration still has a problem, please look at Topic: User not confirmed but order accepted (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98835.msg326110#msg326110)

Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece