News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Question regarding jquery and cannot add product to cart

Started by jamedia, January 09, 2012, 17:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamedia

Hello,

I been developing a site by using VM2 and Joomla 1.7.3 with my own custom template and I been having some problem regarding adding products to cart, sometimes it work and something it doesn't no matter what browser I use and my client was experiencing the same issue with different browser.

If I disable jquery on the back end of VM2 I get zero products when I click the add to cart button, so I found this tutorial http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/General_JS-Problems_with_templates_and_jQuery but I was a little confuse about the instruction and so here's what I did.

I edit the file virtuemart.cfg and change 1 to 0 and then I went to my database I chose table _virtuemart_adminmenuentries and emptied and then click refresh, but I left jquery enabled on the backend of VM2, was that what I was suppose to do?

jenkinhill

QuoteI edit the file virtuemart.cfg and change 1 to 0 and then I went to my database I chose table _virtuemart_adminmenuentries and emptied and then click refresh

You should only do those if the problem is with the backend. Makes no difference to the front-end add to cart.

So far it seems that Joomla templates likely to cause FE problems appear to be those produced by Rockettheme and made with Artisteer. Additionally some menu & slideshow scripts may be implicated. But with VM2 being only released for 3 weeks - and with two holdays periods in that - the likely issues are not really clear yet.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jamedia

Thank you for your quick reply.

How can I get everything back to how it was before beside changing the google_jquery=1.

I notice on the backed of the VM I don't have the left slide menu anymore.

jenkinhill

Quote from: jamedia on January 09, 2012, 19:28:09 PM
I notice on the backed of the VM I don't have the left slide menu anymore.

That's because you deleted the entries in table _virtuemart_adminmenuentries  - that is the admin menu links. I assume you used Akeeba to make a backup before editing?

If not you can restore the table entries without affecting anything else by using phpMyAdmin. If you open the package com_virtuemart.2.0.0.zip and then open com_virtuemart\install\install_essential_data.sql in a good text editor then you can copy the data for table `#__virtuemart_adminmenuentries into the sql editor window of phpMyAdmin. It is handy that the required sql data is the first in the full sql file........
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jamedia