News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2.0.0 install fails on Joomla 1.5.25 & 1.7.3

Started by codeslayer42, January 08, 2012, 03:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

codeslayer42

I just decided to have a look into VM 2.0.0 (new features, changes and so on) and installed clean new instances of Joomla 1.5.25 and 1.7.3.
Now I get an error during the installation of "com_virtuemart.2.0.0.zip" on both joomla platforms!
(the file "com_virtuemart.2.0.0_extract_first.zip" has been extracted)

JFolder::files: Path does not point to a valid folder or the folder has been deleted.
JFolder::folder: Path does not point to a valid folder or the folder has been deleted.
JFolder::files: Path does not point to a valid folder or the folder has been deleted.
Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/supershirt/public_html/j15.supershirt.at/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 142
Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/supershirt/public_html/j15.supershirt.at/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 142
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/supershirt/public_html/j15.supershirt.at/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 187
Unable to find install package

When I extract the zipped module to joomla's /tmp folder and perform "Install from Directory" everything seems to work then.

BTW: The installation of "com_virtuemart_ext_aio.2.0.0.zip" module/component works when using "Upload Package File".

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Did you by any chance use a server autoinstaller to set up Joomla? I fixed one of these last week where Joomla was installed using Fantastico on  a cheap host. There were directory permission issues, solved by deleting the installation & doing a manual install of Joomla. VM2 installed like a dream. (But have recommended he move to a devcent hosting service if he wan't to run a busy shop!).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

codeslayer42

I did the installations on my own server (Linux Ubuntu 10.04) where I have root and shell access and I did not use an autoinstaller. Since I'm aware of permission problems during installations I preventative set the permissions to 777 for the whole joomla folder. After the error has been displayed I checked the content of the /tmp folder and noticed that the zip file was there so at least the upload worked. As far as I know joomla creates a temporary folder for the package during the installation where the content is being unpacked to and deletes the folder after the installation.
I will continue to investigate where the problem could be but since it didn't happen during the installation of other addons/components (which I installed just for testing purpose after VM) it seems to be related just to the latest VM version.

jenkinhill

Requirements on most servers are 755 for directories, 644 for files.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

desselSP

@ codeslayer42

It seems that I have the same issue here.
On my server (online) there is already a lower version J1.5 & VM1.1.9 running without any issues.

I've tried many workarounds but none of them seems to give me any luck.

Should you have found a solution please let me know!

I'll give local a try tonight (Mamp ons OSX)

Cheers!

carsten888

Same here.

Trying to migrate from 1.1.9 on 1.5.25 to vm2.0.2.
Locally went fine, online I get the above errors.
Folder rights are all green.
Other components install just fine.
The all-in-one component install gave same erros.

Totally stuck.

carsten888

If I would upload all the files of the local version, will the migration-tool do all the database stuff? So I can do a manual update/migration?

carsten888

I tried with the legacy plugin disabled, same result.

I have tried the following on a copy of the site online (in a subdirectory).
1. uploaded the component files frontend and backend
2. logged in at the backend and went to VM2, got an error (probably because the database tables were not there yet)
3. pasted the url to the tools > db tools
4. clicked on 'install tables or if necessary update them'.
5. then in migrationtools ran the migration script. All worked except for that when trying to migrate the users I get an error 500 (Internal Server Error). (Not a timeout).
6. I did the same migration locally. From that db, I uploaded table #__virtuemart_order_userinfos and #__virtuemart_vmusers
All seems to work. But I guess it would be saver uploading all the VM2 tables from the local migration to make sure I did not miss anything and all is totally in sync.

burek

I have this same issue with latest VM v2.0.2 and Joomla v1.5.26.

Also, @jenkinhill, you might read what people already wrote, to realize that this is VM issue and not some security (permissions) issue or something, since other components install without any problems. If this was some permissions issue, no other extension could be installed too. I'd also like just to mention your suggestions to other people to "move to a more decent hosting service", when actually you don't help them, but rather push them into an even bigger problem. If some things don't work due to a security restrictions/permissions, that means that hosting service is actually doing their job properly. Hosts that "allow everything" to work just out of the box are the ones that get hacked each and every day (I have my own hosting services, so I'm telling you out of my experience). Permissions are there for a reason. If you ignore that, you're inviting the trouble to come to you.

Anyway, did anyone resolve this issue using any technique other than "delete all and reinstall everything"? :)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jjk

Quote from: burek on April 03, 2012, 22:45:20 PM
... since other components install without any problems.
Perhaps your PHP setting? As far as I know PHP allows files up to 2 MB by default. Maybe you find some hints in these old VM1 FAQ/Answers:
http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/Installation_FAQ.html
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Milbo

I have this same issue with latest VM v2.0.2 and Joomla v1.5.26.

Also, @jenkinhill, you might read what people already wrote, to realize that this is VM issue and not some security (permissions) issue or something, since other components install without any problems.

Jenkinhills idea was also my first idea. He read what you wrote guys.
Quote from: codeslayer42 on January 08, 2012, 03:45:39 AM
Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/supershirt/public_html/j15.supershirt.at/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 142
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/supershirt/public_html/j15.supershirt.at/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 187
Unable to find install package
This message points to joomla. Maybe the reason is in vm2, yes.

If this was some permissions issue, no other extension could be installed too.
Sounds first logically, but an experienced admin knows that it is better to check it again then just trust it. There are various scenarios, which can lead to protected com_virtuemart folders, or temp install folders.

Anyway, did anyone resolve this issue using any technique other than "delete all and reinstall everything"? :)

I do that almost never. The last time I did that is 5 months ago now, or so. Use the tools: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Tools . Like Carsten wrote you can install vm2 quite easy manually. The biggest problem is then to get the admin link in joomla to vm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

We already know that VM2 will not install on PHP5.2.6 due to its inability to unzip components properly and I see that other versions below 5.3 are causing problems. So the PHP version is very relevant ro installation and other issues.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK