News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Is it possible to do a MANUAL MIGRATION?

Started by kthackston, January 05, 2012, 20:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kthackston

I was running VM 1.8 on a Joomla 1.5.23 website without issue. When I upgraded to VM 1.9 my cart stopped working. I cannot figure out what the issue is. However, since my point was to then upgrade to 2.0 I've decided to quit trying to make it work.

I have now installed a new Joomla 1.7.3 site on a new server with fewer issues. I installed VM 2.0 without issue. But now I would like to know if it is possible to go in through the MySQL database and extract my VM 1.9 data and import it into the VM 2.0

Does anyone know if this will work? please advise.

Thank you

PRO

yes
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95513.0

export all database tables starting with   _vm

import into new database. MOVE IMAGES into the correct folder.

THEN, run the migrator

kthackston

I seem to have encountered a problem. The VirtueMart 2.0 tables are "_virtuemart_" and therefore not syncing with the old "_vm_" tables. Other than that, there do not appear to be any errors popping up. The images/media worked fine.
How do I fix the tables?

This is what I get in response:
Start with a new migration process and setup log maxScriptTime 23 maxMemoryLimit 89.6
Synchronized 70 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/
Synchronized 4 media for category in directory images/stories/virtuemart/category/
Synchronized 1 media for manufacturer in directory images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/
Synchronized 1 media for vendor in directory images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/
Processed 0 vm1 shoppergroups time: 7.8678131103516E-6
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 categories
No categories to import
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturer categories
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturers
_productPorter Table 'kthacks_sspine.jos_ss_vm_product' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_ss_vm_product AS `p` LEFT JOIN jos_ss_vm_product_price ON jos_ss_vm_product_price.product_id = `p`.product_id LEFT JOIN jos_ss_vm_product_mf_xref ON jos_ss_vm_product_mf_xref.product_id = `p`.product_id LIMIT 0,8100
Worked on migration for 3.8651511669159 seconds
Migration finished
Info: portUsers getMigrationProgress shoppergroups
Info: Migration: 0 orders processed

PRO

you keep migrating, click through the process a few times.

hpolimar

i'm trying to migrate products from a site A with joomla 1.5 and virtuemart 1 to site B with joomla 1.7.3 and vm 2.

From site A i've exported all the jos_vm* tables, and i imported them into site B sql.

Using migration tool i've 0 products/0 categories/0 manufacturers

is it possible to accomplish what i'm trying to do?

thank you

PRO

hpolimar

so why i can't get any product import? :(

Found prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 239 maxMemoryLimit 89.6
        Sincronizzato 0 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/
        Sincronizzato 0 media for category in directory images/stories/virtuemart/category/
        Sincronizzato 0 media for manufacturer in directory images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/
        Sincronizzato 3 media for vendor in directory images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 categories
        No categories to import
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturer categories
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturers
        _productPorter Table 'vinz.jls43_vm_product' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM jls43_vm_product AS `p` LEFT JOIN jls43_vm_product_price ON jls43_vm_product_price.product_id = `p`.product_id LEFT JOIN jls43_vm_product_mf_xref ON jls43_vm_product_mf_xref.product_id = `p`.product_id LIMIT 0,8000
        Worked on general migration for 3.4332990646362 seconds

PRO

i dont think it matters, but are both jos_    ?
If not, you could try to replace with current prefix before you import.

and are you sure vm_categories, vm_products    were imported?

kthackston

as previously stated, I've run this migration tool about 5 times with the same outcome. It will not import anything, it only syncs the media.

also note, the old VM database is _vm and the new one is _virtuemart. Does anyone know if THIS is the reason it will not work? If so, how do I work around this?

SEE: _productPorter Table 'kthacks_sspine.jos_ss_vm_product' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_ss_vm_product AS `p` LEFT JOIN jos_ss_vm_product_price ON jos_ss_vm_product_price.product_id = `p`.product_id LEFT JOIN jos_ss_vm_product_mf_xref ON jos_ss_vm_product_mf_xref.product_id = `p`.product_id LIMIT 0,8100

the jos_ss_ is my new database. but it is trying to look for _vm instead of _virtuemart which is what VM 2.0 creates.

This is becoming urgent, can anyone from VirtueMart chime in please.

PRO

the migrator looks for tables with _vm    and takes the data it can and puts it in the right format in the _virtuemart table

kthackston

But it is not doing that. at all. no matter how many times I run the migrator, I get the same result. any other thoughts?

PRO

jos_ss_

is that the new one, or the old one. and why are there 2 prefixes?

do you have xampp or a test url.

It might be best to convert a site from 1.1 to 2.0, THEN, export those _virtuemart   tables into a new clean site

kthackston

Here's the thing. I have a site that is Joomla 1.5.25 and when I upgraded my VM from 1.8 to 1.9 the cart stopped working. I cannot get it fixed and since I was going to upgrade to Joomla 1.73 on a new server, I stopped trying.

So, fast forward, new server, clean install of Joomla 1.7.3 and brand new install of VM 2.0. So now I have been trying to migrate the info from the old server to the new server.

I cannot manage anything on the VM 1.9. I spent hours trying. I reverted back to VM 1.8 and it remained broken.

Yes, the new server running Joomla 1.7.3 tables are as such: jos_ss_ etc

PRO

hpolimar

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on January 06, 2012, 18:41:15 PM
i dont think it matters, but are both jos_    ?
If not, you could try to replace with current prefix before you import.

and are you sure vm_categories, vm_products    were imported?

i'd never try it cause i thought it was looking for 1.x vm jos_ tables...

i search and replaced jos_ with new table name, imported them and migrated...and it went fine ;) i've to fix many things about prices and so on...but THANK YOU!!!