Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Configuration Nightmare

Started by ikone1, January 04, 2012, 08:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikone1

Hi

im trying to set up a bookshop in vm 2.
what i need is books to be in categories (Biographies, Sci-Fi, Romance etc)
each book except its description have to have a "Publisher" and an "Autor" field, that when clicked sends the user to a list of all "publisher books" or to "author books".

How should i configure VM2 to achieve this.
Should i use categories and manually insert those links in every description? is there a different way?
Should i use custom fields? if so, how to?

If you have any ideas on how to set up vm in order to make it work, let me know i will be grateful.
thank you

ikone1

still didnt find any solution. but i think i got an idea.

creating fields in database, admin backend, and template would insert the fields in frontend. but how to make those fields reference all the entries with those same fields?
can anyone point to me a tutorial on how to add fields to database?

seagul

Maybe you could use for publisher or the author the field "manufacturer". You can rename it in the language overrides. Because then you can use the functionality at least for one of the two (publisher or author) to have an automatic list what are there other books.

I have done this already in another shop system and it worked fine. I don't know exactly about virtuemart but I guess it should work.

PRO

The nextvrelease has the product_types feature more like what u want.
It will be out soon.

ikone1

Quote from: seagul on January 09, 2012, 21:55:34 PM
Maybe you could use for publisher or the author the field "manufacturer". You can rename it in the language overrides. Because then you can use the functionality at least for one of the two (publisher or author) to have an automatic list what are there other books.

I have done this already in another shop system and it worked fine. I don't know exactly about virtuemart but I guess it should work.

I already tried this without success, as it resolves only one half of the problem :/

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on January 10, 2012, 02:45:56 AM
The nextvrelease has the product_types feature more like what u want.
It will be out soon.

That is some good news. any idea of when it is due?

thank you.