News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Restrict user to VM at back end

Started by Hammerhead, December 28, 2011, 00:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammerhead

Ok, since there doesn't seem to be an answer for how to give users access to VM from the front end, can someone suggest a way to authorize a user to manage a store from the Joomla Admin CP but not expose all the other sensitive content and components?

In other words, if I give a user access to the Joomla Admin CP, how can I prevent them from potentially destroying the site, affecting other users, breaking components, or generally wreaking havoc in areas where they have no experience and have no business playing around?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Hammerhead

Good idea, except that it doesn't work for me.

I just created a user group based on SuperUser and went about restricting access to all the components other than VM so that the user cannot 'break' anything.  However, despite all the changes, the calculated settings are not refreshing; rather they are just inheriting from the parent.

I'm getting really pissed off.  What's the deal?

Hammerhead

Found a workaround as posted in this thread:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95093.0

from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk