News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Checkout Terms of Service behind link

Started by Venkko, December 23, 2011, 09:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venkko

Hi!

How can I modify checkout so that Terms of Service will be shown only if user clicks link "I accept terms of service" text.
I know that I can remove the TOS from back-end but I need that users can read it easily if they want to read it.

What do I need to modify and how do I need to modify it?

Thanks!

www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

I also have the problem, you have already a solution?

Greetz Ray

Venkko

Quote from: 552288 on December 27, 2011, 11:23:21 AM
I also have the problem, you have already a solution?

No, sorry... I haven't find anything from the forums and haven't got time to solve it by my self.

Venkko

I got it  :D

If someone else is looking this you need to modify this file.

/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default.html

I just insert few // -marks so that it only shows that check box and text that want it to show.

<span class="terms-of-service"><span class="vmicon vm2-termsofservice-icon"></span><?php //echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS'); ?></span>

//echo $this->cart->vendor->vendor_terms_of_service;?>

//echo '<span class="tos">'. JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS_READ_AND_ACCEPTED').'</span>';

and after adding these lines below above line and } mark

?>
         <a onclick="void window.open('http://www.example.com', '_blank', 'status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=640,height=480,directories=no,location=no');return false;"href="http://www.example.com">Accep terms of service</a>
<?php

I was able to open tos in new windows.

And here is full part of the code

<?php // Terms Of Service
if(VmConfig::get('oncheckout_show_legal_info',1)){
?>

<div class="terms-of-service">
<span class="terms-of-service"><span class="vmicon vm2-termsofservice-icon"></span><?php //echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS'); ?></span>
<div>
<?php
//echo $this->cart->vendor->vendor_terms_of_service;?>

</div>
</div>
<?php
// Terms Of Service END ?>

<?php // Continue and Checkout Button ?>
<div class="checkout-button-top">

<?php // Terms Of Service Checkbox
if (!class_exists('VirtueMartModelUserfields')){
require(JPATH_VM_ADMINISTRATOR DS 'models' DS 'userfields.php');
}
$userFieldsModel = new VirtueMartModelUserfields();
if($userFieldsModel->getIfRequired('agreed')){
if(!class_exists('VmHtml'))require(JPATH_VM_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'helpers'.DS.'html.php');
echo VmHtml::checkbox('tosAccepted',$this->cart->tosAccepted,1,0,'class="terms-of-service"');
//echo '<span class="tos">'. JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS_READ_AND_ACCEPTED').'</span>';
}
?>

<a onclick="void window.open('http://www.excample.com', '_blank', 'status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=640,height=480,directories=no,location=no');return false;"href="http://www.excample.com">Hyväksyn palvelun ehdot</a>
<?php
echo $this->checkout_link_html;
$text JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONFIRM_MNU');
?>

</div>

good Morning .........

nice work, i think it´s the best solution at time.......

THX!

jaminv

Here's something else you can do:

Wrap the terms of service in a div with a style='display: none;':

<?php // Terms Of Service
?>

<div style='display:none;'>
<div id='terms-of-service' class="terms-of-service">
<span class="terms-of-service"><span class="vmicon vm2-termsofservice-icon"></span><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS'); ?></span>
<div>
<?php
echo 
$this->cart->vendor->vendor_terms_of_service;?>

</div>
</div>
</div>
<?php
// Terms Of Service END ?>

Then change the link to the terms of service to href="#terms-of-service" and class="modal":

echo '<a href="#terms-of-service" class="modal"><span class="tos">'. JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS_READ_AND_ACCEPTED').'</span></a>';

Make sure the terms display is enabled in the config.

Viola!  Terms displayed as a modal dialog (works with pop-up blockers).

Style as desired.

Also, btw:  don't modify /public_html/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default.html directly.  Copy it to /templates/<current template>/html/com_virtuemart/cart/default.php and modify it there.

--Jamin

Hello,

on what place you change the code for

echo '<a href="#terms-of-service" class="modal"><span class="tos">'. JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS_READ_AND_ACCEPTED').'</span></a>';

I have try it, the result is a blank site.

Greetings Ray

jaminv

Did you add a DIV tag outside of the "terms-of-service" tag with style="display:none;", or did you give that style to the terms-of-service tag?

You have to add another tag that wraps around the terms-of-service tag.  When you link to the terms-of-service tag, it disregards all containing tags and displays only the terms-of-service contents.  This way, you can show the terms of service in a modal without having to display it on the page.  If you set that terms-of-service tag to display: none, then it still doesn't show up, even in a modal.

Also make sure that you didn't give the display: none tag an id of "terms-of-service".  It doesn't really need an id, but if you gave it one it should be unique and definitely not "terms-of-service".

Finally, make sure you didn't style "#terms-of-service", ".terms-of-service", or "div.terms-of-service" in CSS as "display: none;".  That's not the default, so you would have had to done it explicitly.

--Jamin

Venkko

Hi!

Just did it with the way jaminv mentioned.

thanks jaminv, it was easy to do and looks better than that one I used before.

ZX81

This worked great, thanks!

Also, btw:  don't modify /public_html/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default.html directly.  Copy it to /templates/<current template>/html/com_virtuemart/cart/default.php and modify it there.

Does this mean it won't get overrwritten with the next release of VM? or do I have to redo this everytime there is a new version of VM?

Venkko

If you copy and modify it under your template folder, you don't have to redo it everytime vm2 has upgrade.

DeDohn

I recently updated VM to 2.0.2 and apparently this fix doesn't work anymore, anyone has a new fix yet? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Daan

ZX81

Hi DeDhon, did you do like Jaminv suggested and modified in your template folder?

I upgraded to 2.0.2 yesterday and this still works great for me.

DeDohn

Hey,

Yes I tried, but I couldnt find a default.html. So I checked the default.php and found this:

<?php // Terms Of Service Checkbox
if (!class_exists('VirtueMartModelUserfields')){
require(JPATH_VM_ADMINISTRATOR DS 'models' DS 'userfields.php');
}
$userFieldsModel VmModel::getModel('userfields');
if($userFieldsModel->getIfRequired('agreed')){
    ?>

<label for ="tosAccepted">
    <?php
if(!class_exists('VmHtml'))require(JPATH_VM_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'helpers'.DS.'html.php');
echo VmHtml::checkbox('tosAccepted',$this->cart->tosAccepted,1,0,'class="terms-of-service"');

?>

<div class="terms-of-service">
<span class="terms-of-service" rel="facebox"><span class="vmicon vm2-termsofservice-icon"></span><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS_READ_AND_ACCEPTED'); ?><span class="vm2-modallink"></span></span>
<div id="full-tos">
<h2><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS'); ?></h2>
<?php echo $this->cart->vendor->vendor_terms_of_service;?>

</div>
</div>

I wasn't sure if it was still working as it is a different file and appears to be a somewhat different code. I tried to add it but it failed.. also, where should I add echo '<a href="#terms-of-service" class="modal"><span class="tos">'. JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TOS_READ_AND_ACCEPTED').'</span></a>'; ?

In conclusion, I didnt really get the instructions of Jaminv  ::)

Thanks, Daan

ZX81

Hi Daan, I see the problem, it's not called default.html, it is default.php.

I didn't follow Jaminv instructions exactly but added the following link which worked for me

echo $this->cart->vendor->vendor_terms_of_service;?>

<a onclick="void window.open('http://www.mywebsite.com/myterms.htm';, '_blank', 'status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=640,height=480,directories=no,location=no');return false;"href="http://www.mywebsite.com/myterms.htm">Read the terms of service</a>
         </div>

</div>
      <?php
      } // Terms Of Service END ?>

Hopefully you can work out where this goes in default.php.

It's a good point about this file changing. It's all seems to be working for me but I don't know if by using my old override if I'm missing some important new functionality. Anyone know if I need to do the override again?