News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Adding vendors

Started by The big, December 20, 2011, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The big

Hello to all !

First of all, i would like to thank all the team for their efforts  :)

I have a question and i am sure i'm not the only one to ask this question.

How do you add vendors ? This is very important for my site.

I am using Joomla 1.5.25 and i have downloaded Virtuemart 2.

Thank you very much

Milbo

administrated mulitvendor is not supported, but you may join us to finish it, just activate administrated multivendor in the vm config and you see some more options.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

NicholasJohn16

I've activated the option, but I don't see any additional tools.  Can you point out where they'd be?

DomMaster

I too am having the same problem!

I have activated multivendor in the configuration panel and there is no facility for adding a vendor.

I expected to see another tab on the left hand column named vendor.

Any Ideas appreciated.

J1.7 & VM2

Thx DM

seagul

I had the same problem. You can active any "Shopper" as "Is Vendor" but it has not any consequences.
Multivendor is not ready yet with Virtuemart, see here i.e.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90892.msg298127#msg298127

I tried it in a local version and added the vendor in the database directly. Then I could add vendors to products and shipment plugin. But it is not really working in a live system.

DomMaster

Quote from: Milbo on December 20, 2011, 19:44:29 PM
*** just activate administrated multivendor in the vm config and you see some more options.

Ok I thought I was missing something! thx

Have you done much testing with vendors? Other than having to enter vendors through mysql do you know if shipping and paypal systems work?

Do you feel it would be easy to duplicate the Manufacturers admin section for vendors? I would expect they are very similar.

Rgds DM

seagul

I just did little testing with shipment modules and there it was not working for me with multivendors. The administration for vendors is not the real problem. The real problem is that in many places in the code there is now $vendor_id=1 hardcoded.

I decided for my project to wait with multivendor.

DomMaster

Id like to keep this post open if people are interested....

I found the code you mentioned (seagul)

QuoteSearch "$vendor_id = 1" (2 hits in 2 files)
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\plugins\vmpsplugin.php (1 hits) Line 859: $vendor_id = 1;
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\views\shipmentmethod\view.html.php (1 hits) Line 59: $vendor_id = 1;

I also found another instance

Quoteadministrator\components\com_virtuemart\elements\vmcurrencies.php (1 hits) Line 48: $vendor_id = VirtueMartModelVendor::getLoggedVendor();

This is more probable cause;

Quoteadministrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\user.php
   Line 575:          //TODO Attention this is set now to virtuemart_vendor_id=1, because using a vendor with different id then 1 is not completly supported and can lead to bugs
   Line 576:          //So we disable the possibility to store vendors not with virtuemart_vendor_id = 1

Other info found
+ Search "virtuemart_vendor_id" (347 hits in 93 files)
+ Search "['virtuemart_vendor_id'] = 1" (4 hits in 3 files)
+ Search "`virtuemart_vendor_id` = "1"" (4 hits in 4 files)
+ Search "virtuemart_vendor_id = 1" (7 hits in 5 files)

Whilst I would love to solve this it goes beyond my abilities.
Im happy to help with bugs but perhaps someone else could look at it from here on?
A couple of weeks work could make this the vendor cart we have all been searching for....

DM

seagul

I think it is a good idea to keep the post open. But it also goes beyond my capability with virtuemart to do so much coding stuff. I am new to virtuemart and just learning...