News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2.0 RC 2 K & Joomla 1.7.3 => Can't get it installed

Started by H_v_M, December 13, 2011, 21:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H_v_M

All,

Yesterday and today I spend a bigger part of the evening to try get the last version of VM 2.0 RC 2 (tried several versions... A-K) installed.
Unfortunately without a positive result till now.

Following I tried:
* Because installing with the extension manager give bad results, I tried it by using the tmp folder;
* First AIO / first other folder and from the other side;
* English as standard language, Dutch;
* Several times complete new setup;
* Online / local (XAMMP).

The problems I have are, while installing the AOI pack:

Failed loading XML file
\plugins\vmpayment\standard\standard.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/plugins/vmpayment/standard/standard.xml"
Failed loading XML file
\plugins\vmpayment\paypal\paypal.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.xml"
Failed loading XML file
\plugins\vmshipment\weight_countries\weight_countries.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/plugins/vmshipment/weight_countries/weight_countries.xml"
Failed loading XML file
\plugins\vmcustom\textinput\textinput.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/plugins/vmshipment/weight_countries/weight_countries.xml"
XML: failed to load external entity "/plugins/vmcustom/textinput/textinput.xml"
Failed loading XML file
\plugins\vmcustom\specification\specification.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/plugins/vmcustom/specification/specification.xml"
Failed loading XML file
\plugins\vmcustom\stockable\stockable.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/plugins/vmcustom/specification/specification.xml"
XML: failed to load external entity "/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.xml"
Failed loading XML file
\plugins\search\virtuemart\virtuemart.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/plugins/search/virtuemart/virtuemart.xml"
Failed loading XML file
C:\xampp\htdocs\vmtest\modules\mod_virtuemart_currencies\mod_virtuemart_currencies.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_currencies/mod_virtuemart_currencies.xml"
Failed loading XML file
C:\xampp\htdocs\vmtest\modules\mod_virtuemart_product\mod_virtuemart_product.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_currencies/mod_virtuemart_currencies.xml"
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_product/mod_virtuemart_product.xml"
Failed loading XML file
C:\xampp\htdocs\vmtest\modules\mod_virtuemart_product\mod_virtuemart_product.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_product/mod_virtuemart_product.xml"
Failed loading XML file
C:\xampp\htdocs\vmtest\modules\mod_virtuemart_search\mod_virtuemart_search.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_search/mod_virtuemart_search.xml"
Failed loading XML file
C:\xampp\htdocs\vmtest\modules\mod_virtuemart_manufacturer\mod_virtuemart_manufacturer.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_search/mod_virtuemart_search.xml"
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_manufacturer/mod_virtuemart_manufacturer.xml"
Failed loading XML file
C:\xampp\htdocs\vmtest\modules\mod_virtuemart_cart\mod_virtuemart_cart.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_manufacturer/mod_virtuemart_manufacturer.xml"
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/mod_virtuemart_cart.xml"
Failed loading XML file
C:\xampp\htdocs\vmtest\modules\mod_virtuemart_category\mod_virtuemart_category.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/mod_virtuemart_cart.xml"
XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/vmtest/modules/mod_virtuemart_category/mod_virtuemart_category.xml"

Couldnt read dir source \plugins\vmpayment\standard
        Couldnt read dir source \plugins\vmpayment\paypal
        Couldnt read dir source \plugins\vmshipment\weight_countries
        Couldnt read dir source \plugins\vmcustom\textinput
        Couldnt read dir source \plugins\vmcustom\specification
        Couldnt read dir source \plugins\vmcustom\stockable
        Couldnt read dir source \plugins\search\virtuemart
        Couldnt read dir source \modules
        Couldnt read dir source \languageFE
        Couldnt read dir source \languageBE
        Installing component was successful.

VirtueMart2 modules moved to the joomla modules folder
VirtueMart2 language moved to the joomla language FE folder
VirtueMart2 language moved to the joomla language BE folder
Installing Virtuemart Plugins and modules Success.
You may directly uninstall this component. Your plugins will remain
Ignore the message Error building Admin Menus

...while installing the other file:
White screen or / Error 500 - jlib_application_error_model_get_name

Finally if I ad "administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config" to the address I get an VM BE.
But there I find the errors:

Error loading component: com_virtuemart, 1
Table class userTableVmusers not found in file.

... else then that, in the BE-Components I cannot find something else then the AIO.

I think / it looks the problem should be with installing the other pack then the AIO pack.
But what I can do to get on the right way and have the possibility of testing VM 2.0 into Joomla 1.7

Many thanks in advance.

Milbo

hmm strange, I dont know why it is on your server so hard. But maybe this helps you http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Setting_up_a_Development_Environment

Just use instead of the svn, just the files of the RC3K here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94183.0
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

H_v_M

Thanks, I'd to try this later today.

For your information.
I tried his:
- Local, by using the latest XAMPP version on a windows 7 - 64 bits system (does the XAMPP version matter for a good compatibility with VM?);
- Online, on a server from a Dutch hoster where I usually have no problems.

Can you or somebody see on the messages / error I get where it is going wrong? So I eventually can ask for the hosters support.

BTW,
Quote from: Milbo on December 14, 2011, 01:33:10 AM
Just use instead of the svn, just the files of the RC3K here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94183.0

.. this files I tried as well.

Thanks again.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

PRO

Quote from: H_v_M on December 14, 2011, 12:27:46 PM
Thanks, I'd to try this later today.

deleted

H_v_M

:D! How easy life can be... many, many thank's! Got it working on this way in just a few minutes.
And this without using kickstart.php / Akeeba ever before.

Now I can start testing VM!

Only one more question, what I can do to compare this installation with my "own" Joomla installation to find out the point where it went wrong?
Or, with other words. Can somebody describe in a nutshell what in which row I'd to do to install VM as a component on a Joomla 1.7.3 installation.

Thanks again.

Milbo

Normally you just install the vm core and then the aio with the joomla extension installer. That is all.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

H_v_M

PRO

I have had problems with J1.7 and installations . ONLY on some installations. weird. Its not only with vmart. With many components.

H_v_M

Weird indeed, I am not that common with Joomla! at all.
Start to use it last summer, made a personal (portfolio) website... have some testing projects, that's it.
Didn't use that much components.

So this is the first time I get some real problems and don't really understand why.
I think you are right, weird is the right word ;)

Hmmmm, I found one different in the Joomla! Platfom Version:
- My installation:    Joomla Platform 11.3.0 Stable [ Dennis Ritchie ] 23-Nov-2011 00:00 GMT
- Yours: Joomla Platform 11.2.0 Stable+Modified [ Omar ] 27-Jul-2011 00:00 GMT

The Joomla Version is exactly the same: Joomla! 1.7.3 Stable [ Ember ] 14-Nov-2011 14:00 GMT

Milbo

Hmmmm j2.5 is also released as j1.7.3 and vm2 is atm not installing on it.

jenkinhill

Quote from: Milbo on December 14, 2011, 22:39:00 PM
Hmmmm j2.5 is also released as j1.7.3 and vm2 is atm not installing on it.

I tried it, too, at the weekend as part of the bug day. Got a blank screen, but did not try to look any further at that time.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

I fixed the first path problem already, but we still get:
"500 - An error has occurred.

JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_MODEL_GET_NAME

Return to Control Panel"

I need to install a whole workspace for it. Since it is still a moving target, we decided to start with the compatibility for j2.5 in january.

H_v_M

The story is not finished...

I tried, with the same file by using kickstart.php install Joomla! 1.7.3 and VM on the Linux webserver from my hoster. This all goes same easy and fast as in my Xampp area.

Unfortunately all the rest don't want go same easy.
Now I have problems to save settings, if I'm well first I'd to set up the shop.
Only somehow the system have problem to store the vendor data, I get the message

Info: User data stored
        Info: Vendor data stored

But the vendor data is not stored at all.
When I use the sample data there is no problem at all.
Next strange thing is that when I use the sample data I can choose for Mr / Mrs as the title in the Additional Informations of the Vendor data.

This field does not contain any value without installed sample data.

What I tried?
- All folders to 777

Where I am going wrong now?

PRO

Quote from: H_v_M on December 15, 2011, 21:16:46 PM
- All folders to 777
Where I am going wrong now?

First folders need to be 755, and files 644.

2nd, install. the version that came out last night. (in my signature) Right on top of your current installation.

as far as vendor , saving etc. when you go to shoppers, are you listed as super user?

H_v_M

:o, now it's installing same easily as I can finish a cold beer on a warm day!
Compliments.

Also the point of can not saving vendor data is solved.
Next step is trying to install VM on a clean Joomla! install and not the BU you gave me.

To be continued.

P.s.
File permissions; exact reason is unknown for me, but the host told me that 777 can not do anything wrong because the use some safety ???
Why I did this? Because I get some permissions errors by installing the sample data before.

P.s. 2 Yes, I was listed as a super user.