-anonymous-
Retail (default)
Agents
Wholesale

All groups set up to see prices

I want retail and anonymous to see the same price
Agents another price
Wholesale another price

I have installed Metapps plugin as it seems like a brilliant solution so I put in a final price then a shopper group price for agents and wholesale but get two issues:

1. When I save, the wholesale shopper group price reverts to the final price
2. I cannot see any prices on the front end when I log in as a shopper in a group that I have assigned a price to

Please help

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Internet Marketing // Website Development

amymattian

Hi Yellow Cherry,

I'm having the very same issues as you.

First of all the issue 1. in backend. I noticed if I am signed in the backend as a wholesale shoppergroup (in Joomla ofcause super user), then the prices in backend do as you mention. So make sure you use in backend a username that is default-shoppergroup user in Virtuemart.

The second issue I have not been able to figure out what is causing is. I have exactly the same problem! My question is do you have a completely clean VM2 installation or did you use one of the migration methods from VM1  to VM2? I have a testsite with completely clean VM2 installation and there I can get the pluging working fine. Then I have this very same problem that you have but that is with a migrated site with VM1 to VM2 migration. There I have this problem. I have the settings on both sites the same so I cannot figure out any other difference than the migration-process. Please let me know if you've migrated or used a clean VM2 start for your site. Thanks!

Anne

metapps

thanks for trying the plugin guys

I should be able to have a look over the weekend, and fix these final teething problems,
hopefully we can all enjoy shopper group prices!

regards
Web Developer available for hire PM me!
www.metapps.co.uk

Yellow Cherry

Thanks metapps - appreciate your work on this!

Issue 1. I changed my super user shopper group to retail (my default shopper group), but price is still overwritten by cost price. If I blank out cost price and final price (as per attached screen shot) and add shopper group prices for anonymous and retail then save, the right prices save and cost price and final price are populated with my default shopper group price. However, then of course I do not see any prices front end because I have allocated a price to the shopper group I am logged in as...leaving us with issue 2.

Issue 2. Mine was a fresh install of VM 2.0.8 and then updated to 2.0.10 before installing the metapps plug in. Running php 5.3.10

Yellow Cherry

hey metapps what's the situation with this - do you need any more information. Thanks again for all your work so far!

seweryn

Hello,

I would be very grateful if you fix this two issues.
I am waiting for the results.

Good job! ;)
Thank you.
I use VirtueMart 2.0.22c & Joomla 2.5.14

Olga_1989

Hello, I made some changes in the mettapp's product.php file.  And amymattian's problem was solved

line 750 if(!$ppTable = $db->loadObject() && $admin===false){

I changed to  if((!$ppTable = $db->loadObject()) && ($admin===false)){

amymattian

Thanks Olga, but didn't fix the problem for me. All my prices and taxes disappeared after change that code. I'll have to for now use child-products as a wholesale products and use a separate stock-quantity-amount for wholesale product versus retail. Hopefully the VM2 shoppergroup issue is solved soon!

thanks!
Amy

juancarlos

Metapps thank you for your work, this solution works well for me too.

This problem will be fixed in the next version of virtuemart?
(or how can I know it ?)
---

OK, sorry => https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103257.15

bus

Can you please help me i am new to Virtuemart. I'm not sure how to add plug ins. I have a wholesale shopper group on virtuemart 2.0.7b but it isn't allowing group specific pricing and im not sure how to add plug ins????

seweryn

Quote from: metapps on August 31, 2012, 15:16:48 PM
I should be able to have a look over the weekend, and fix these final teething problems,
hopefully we can all enjoy shopper group prices!

Hi metapps,
What the situation with this?

Plese help, fix this problems for us :)

Yellow Cherry

I think they are building this feature in to the next release of the component

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103257.15

seweryn

Thank you, but I have a lot of changes in code in VM 2.0.8 and I wouldn't update the component.
Is any solution to update only this functionallity?

sandstorm

Wow, I just read all 5 pages of this and it just fizzled out.

Im using products and stockable products in J2.5.11 VM 2.0.18 and I still cant get shopper group prices to work properly.

In the main all my products are set up with no shopper group, I want normal prices to show to normal users and non logged in users.  & then I want prices for a shopper group.

Did anybody ever get this working properly?  With or without the plugin that metaapps created?

Thanks

Andy

Skype - sandstorm871
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

amymattian

Hi,

yes, shoppergroup pricing is now a default-feature in the VM2 (no need for any extra code). Just create shoppergroups first. Then when adding new prices to a product FIRST add new price and click save, AFTER clicking save add other info (shoppergroup, tax-rule, reductions etc). So the key is that you first add the price and CLICK SAVE. Only after that you can add other details like the shoppergroup from the dropdown. When signing in from frontend the shoppergroups-prices work fine!

- Amy