News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Development of a custom shipping module.

Started by mandingueiro, December 06, 2011, 17:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandingueiro

EDITED, NEW FORMULA

My shipping rates are as follows:

Each product's shipping cost, is defined by just it's category in combination with the ZIP range. So all products in category1, shipping to zip range 0-10000 have the same cost. All products from category1 shipping to range 10001-15000 have also the same cost. So now instead of individual rates assigned to weights, instead I will assign rates to categories (category IDs), and weight will be removed completely.

Additionaly, a discount is applied if *more than one* product is added from the *same* category.

For example, the user adds 4 x Products of category1 and 3 x Products of category2 then the total shipping cost would be:

total_shipping = Y1*(1 + 1/2 + 1/3 +1/4)   +   Y2*(1 + 1/2 + 1/3)

where Y1 and Y2 are the shipping rates defined by me in the backend.

So the module, instead of seeing how much the product weighs and the user's ZIP range (as it normally does), to apply the cost, it sees in which category the product is and the user's ZIP range.

Additional info: I wouldn't mind if it's a hacking or modification of another module, as long as it works. I'm using vm1.1.9.

Erik P

Hi Mandingueiro,

Are you still looking for a developer to create your shipping module?
Feel free to email me at erik@sankuru.biz, if you want me to work on your shipping module.

Regards,
Erik
http://sankuru.biz. Software services. Customizing and fixing Virtuemart installations.

mandingueiro

I've edited the initial post with a change in the calculation.