News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Update/upgrade or Fresh Install?

Started by charles99, December 22, 2011, 02:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charles99

After running into a number of problems after updating RC3 to VM 2.0 Stable I decided to do a fresh install.  Most of the problems I was having didn't carry over to the fresh install which leads me to believe certain files are not being carried over or the database is not being updated. 

Importing products from VM 1.1.9 is a bit faster in VM 2.0 Stable also.  I would warn everyone to check your  VM 1.1.9 Database for errors before upgrading or importing your  VM 1.1.9 data into VM2.0 Stable.   Because it could be the reason why you can't import your products in VM 2.0 Stale.

And pulling Jquery from Google seem to generate warnings, every time you do something the warning count goes up, so you might want to check your error log file to see what these warnings is do to this file.  You can also open your error log file and delete the content in it then upload it back to your server, but try not to let your file get to big! 

Because of the warnings, I decided to use CDN to pull J Query and disable the options in VM 2.0 Stable Config.  If any of your modules or menu uses Mootools or J Query you are going to run into a conflict. And most modules don't have a no Conflict option in the module setup so you need an 3rd party plugin to load mootools or JQuery first with the "$".  By not having VM 2.0 Stable calling  JQuery, I was able to get VM 2.0 running and my Mainmenu which use the Mootools Lib... to work without any errors. 

Anotehr problem you might run into is your Template Framework Plug-in!  After trying to get Joomlart, Yootheme/with its Webkit to work I went with a modified template from Joomlaxtc.com.  But you will need to get around the JQuery issues if you plan to use a Joomlaxtc template!  Their Menu System generate errors:  conflicts with  J Query.  jQuery++ Integrator and jQuery Plugin are two plugins that will allow you to place a NO Conflcit statement in your index.php header... jQuery++ Integrator works right out of the box! And what I am using also.    And make sure to disable the load from Google Network in the config section and on the template option make sure to select use J Query or you will have VM 2.0 Stable loading a JQuery statement and these plugins loading a j query statement also...which will lead to a JS conflict!

I seem, to have everything working at this time but when it comes to Joomla you never know whats going to happen when you add a Component, Module or Plugin... So backup your Database...

I hope this help someone esle..  Mib and Ban for all your help....  Now its time to make money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

princessbs