News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

shipping rate not updating after updating cart quantity

Started by snestina, November 23, 2011, 16:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snestina

HI

i'm pretty new at virtuemart, i have a small problem with the shipping rate (it's works fine) but when i change the quantity in the cart everything update but the shipping rate stay the same as the previous rate (for the previous quantity). i have to close the page and open a new page to get the right rate.

is this a problem with the shipping module or something else. i'm nervous as it might give false shipping informations to customers who change their mind on the quantity at the checkout.

thanks for helping.

i'm using JOOMLA 1.5.24 and Virtuemart 1.1.9
the shipping module is USPS vm1.1.x-uspsv5.2011-02-09-basic

lowmips

What browser are you using? Do you have any caching components installed on your website?

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

snestina

i tried with both IE 8 and google chrome. i don't really know what is a caching component, but i don't think I've installed one.

lowmips

View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

lowmips

Hi,
Email me administrative credentials please.  (do NOT add my email as an admin account, please).

Reggie

snestina

i emailed you the informations, did you find something?

lowmips

Hi,
I had to dig your email out of spam...also please include more info in the future. I deal with a lot of emails and would never have associated your email with this forum post :)

I did check your site, all looks well to me.  I tried a few products, and the rates look OK.  Your products are very light weight, so you have to add a large amount to the cart before it reaches the next pricing tier and changes the rate.  For example, I used one of the bridal flowers and had to add 6 to the cart before the shipping charge was changed.  Maybe you need to include a bit more weight to account for the packaging? That's really up to you!  Otherwise, all looks OK to me.

Reggie

snestina

thank you very much and i'm sorry for giving you such a hard time in finding my email.
i'm going to add more weight for the packaging.

thanks!