News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Discount amount not showing "-" (negative sign)

Started by zzsser, November 11, 2011, 09:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzsser

I use 1.9.8 VM RC2M.

When I customer apply a discount code, this works fine but the amount is "10 €" and not "-10 €". Is it a way to modify this ?

Thank you !

alatak

Hi,

Where do you set up this price, in the product form?

zzsser

Hello,

I created a discount code that a customer has to fill in the checkout page to benefit from the discount. For example, I create the permanent code "codetest". The discount is a total of "10.0000".

When the customer fill in this code "codetest" in the discount field, the discount is accepted and is displayed as "10 €". Total order is OK but I think many customers could wrongly consider it: It looks like an additionnal cost. It would be beter "-10€".

On the other hand, if I create a permanent code "codetest2" with a total amount of  "-10.0000" (negative amount), the discount is accepted and is displayed as "-10 €" but the total order is higher of course (+10€).

I don't know if it's easy or not to modify this and in which file ?!

Thank you.

theorydesign

I have a similar problem, when i apply a discount to my gold shopper group, it still says the total is .10, though the gold discount does show, and the email sent after confirm order is 0.00 but on the email receipt, there is no product, and shows the receipt of an empty cart.  (using j1.7.2 + VM2m)