News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to migrate to joomla 1.7 and virtuemart 2.0

Started by djos, October 29, 2011, 19:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djos

I have joomla 1.5 and virtuemart 1.1.9
How to migrate to joomla 1.7 and virtuemart 2.0 step by step?

bunglehaze

Joomla 1.5 - buy SP Upgrade and follow their instructions

Install J1.7 as normal in a testing environment, add your virtuemart tables from j1.5 and then install vm2 in J1.7. Open VM2 and goto tools then tick the everything select box and run it.

kacper1972

I thing it's help You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5utvww9DLQ

I show how to migrate Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.7 and Virtuemart 1.1 to Virtuemart 1.98rcj. Please tour on subtitels on Youtube video. It's with english subtitels

Goog Luck

bbw

DJOS did you figure this out?  there are some things I discovered after about an hour of head banging - for bunglehaze's instructions to work, you have to make sure your db tables all have the same prefix - the old tables will prolly be jos_vm_whateverwhatever and the new ones will have the randomly generated prefix that joomla 1.7 now does during installation, ie u37d_virtuemart_whateverwhatever - you can tell them apart real easily but for the migration thing to work in VM 2.0 you have to have them all the same prefix - whatever method you may use...  The way I did it, was to tell joomla 1.7 to use the prefix jos, imported my old virtuemart tables with jos, and voila!  Once I did THAT, worked great!!  Then later, when I'm finished with the dev work, and I back it all up via Akeeba, put on live server, THEN I'll let joomla 1.7 assign a random prefix for all the tables...  cool!