News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Difference in shipping rates

Started by deepaks, October 13, 2011, 15:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepaks

We are using Virtuemart 1.1.9 and FedEXdc

We have Fedex enabled on virtue mart and its displaying the rates also dynamic on step two of checkout but the amount being displayed in discsounted rate and not standard.

According to Fedex support we need to change setting to get standard raes displayed but there is no such option available in Virtuemart configuration.

Below is reply form Fedex support:
"Within the set up there should be a field entitles "Rate Requests Type"  with the choices "Account" or "List" Choose List and it will return both the list and the account (discounted rate) you need to point it to Point it to List rates only to have that show."

Please advise.

Thanks

lowmips

Hi,
FedExDC is being discontinued in 2012,  you should focus on moving to FedEx Web Services in the meantime.  I have a module available that will allow you to show either generic rates, or your account's discounted rates.  Go here for more details:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=58818.0

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

deepaks

Hello Reggie,

I download vm118-FedExv2.2011.04.19.zip file and installed it according to instructions found in the readme file and configured it from admin panel. But on the front end it says "Notice: No FedEx rates returned", also i found that openssl library is installed on your server, openssl is installed on my server but this error still shows there.

Please see the attachment. And can you please tell us what is the use of Web Access Key and Web Access Password. These are compulsory for shipping rates ?

Thanks in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

lowmips

Yes, you must register for FedEx Web Services, be moved to PRODUCTION environment, and plug those credentials into the module.

Account, Meter, Web Services Key, Web Services Password

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)