News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Remove link from product name in cart

Started by CranialBlaze, October 24, 2011, 19:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CranialBlaze

I have been trying to find this with no luck, the site we using this on is extremely intricate and our Item Id's are essential for almost all of our modules to display properly.

The items in the cart do not record the shop menu item id obviously so i figure the easiest way to work around that would be just to remove the a tag and be done with it, if however i can append the item ID the parent menu item should work for all of them well enough for the rite modules to appear.

Help with either solution would be great, thanks.
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

PRO

the cart module? or the cart page?

if its the cart page, then, have you tried creating a menu item to the cart page?

CranialBlaze

Technically that would not work, but with my configuration its a good idea and opens up another way to get things the way i want.

Basically the cart page needs no modules and with all the many pages and modules Advanced Module Manager was the only way to get things working as Joomla's Menu only targeting system was not enough especially when you need it to appear on 1 menu item but not some of its pages that are not actually in the menu.

I want all my modules on the store pages but not on the cart page, putting a link in for the cart allows me to include an ID independent inclusion using a segment of the url while excluding the cart using its menu item.

The cart items on the cart page are linked to the products but without the id the modules do not appear on the page but targeting the url and excluding the cart on its menu item makes the item id's irrelevant.

Originally i left the modules off as categories list and the best/features/whatever module always errors on the checkout page and breaks it, but the new cart layout works much better with the open space as its a much wider layout than the original with its single page configuration.

Thanks for the idea, will test it tomorrow when i can pull down a more up-to-date copy to mess with on localhost, for some reason i cannot list the files on the server via ftp using my isp, very strange...
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2