News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Exception on automatic sorting for ONE page

Started by Razva, September 28, 2011, 14:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razva

Hi,

Problem: there's no way to set the sorting rule for a specific page/category, only the default order which applies globally.

Explanation: we've noticed that VM2 has the option to globally set a sorting rule, which is great and we set as "alphabetically".

The problem is that we want our first page to be excepted from this rule. In fact, we want to sort the main categories "manually", not alphabetically. Except the first page, everything should be sorted alphabetically (subcategories, products, etc).

How can we accomplish this?

Thanks!

Later edit: you can solve this by making a "main category" (like..."Shop") and than link the menu item to that category rather than the front page.

Milbo

The problem with the first page is that the products are there groups.

top ten, most sold, last seen and so on. So in a healthy store, this products should change. On the other hand, you can also use the category or categories view as frontpage, maybe that helps you
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Razva

Thanks Milbo for the tip, I was thinking at the same thing... Another option would be making a "static" page within Joomla, but that would really be out of purpose. So I suppose that the "use a category as the frontpage" idea is better than a static page.

BUT...using this method (category as frontpage) will not break the SEO? Like...will it have two links? In our case we use "/produse" for our frontpage. Is there any way to keep the same link for a category? Having a "/produse/main-category-used-as-frontpage/etc/from/now/on" would be kinda "interesting", as a part of the users will go to "/produse", which will post a...single category/image (main-category-used-as-frontpage), and I suppose it would not be so nice...

PRO

you can just use category for front page.

You should not have a problem with your front page.

You just have to look at the alias in the url. They can always be fixed by doing some navigation work