News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Details not showing add to cart

Started by norgan, September 18, 2011, 01:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjk

another idea  :) ...did you check if you accidentially have selected 'Default Product Details Page' "pdf" instead of "default" somewhere in your new categories? If you select "pdf" the "Add to Cart" button will not be shown.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Studio 42

Its very strange
the "FORM" code is not rendered.
But the first line >>
<div class="addtocart-area">

and the end >>
<div class="clear"></div>
</div>

is added by php
It's not a javascript error because the code is not in the original document !
BUt strange is how PHP can delete it ???

As jjk Say, i think, it's the problem ,
YOu have do a false setting in the BE templating settings ;)

norgan

Quote from: jjk on September 23, 2011, 12:59:37 PM
another idea  :) ...did you check if you accidentially have selected 'Default Product Details Page' "pdf" instead of "default" somewhere in your new categories? If you select "pdf" the "Add to Cart" button will not be shown.

Thanks JJK that may be my problem, thanks. will do some further testing and see if that was the problem all along :) still a bug though if that defaults to pdf nto default?

jjk

"default" has always been the default setting  upon installation if you downloaded your version from Virtuemart.net :)
When I create new categories, they are also set to "default" by default.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Mattlab

I was actually having, I think, the same problem. No add to cart button was showing up and when I clicked on product details all it did was refresh the page. I think i fixed it by changing the alias. Before I had no alias and it just used the default joomla one but when I changed it to something I made up it started to work. Ideas?

Ken Lyle

I have a similar situation, very odd, with  Add to Cart (AtC).  I have two sites running the RC-J.  One has been hacked on a bit, , and was upgraded from 1.5, I believe, but I see that when I scroll the "neighbors" at the top of the product area, the AtC is there, EXCEPT for the first and last items in the series, which lose the AtC and the neighbors arrows...But only for one category not another, corporate/gifts does not have the issue, but healthcare/hospitals with about 5 products does, and drinkware/travel-mugs with one product.

On the FRESH RC-J install, there are no such issues and both 2-product categories and multi-product categories shot the AtC.

I haven't tried what the OP has, but can empathize, as this has plagued me for a few hours now.

wozza

I disabled SEO in the configuration and the add to cart button showed up. Appears to not like the alias

Milbo

? The category browse pages dont have an atc. please look in the template subboard, there is a post describing how you can add an atc to the browsepage
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member