News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

NO MORE THEME. 2+ uses VIEWS (Layout Override)

Started by PRO, September 14, 2011, 21:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBoele

And if you wanna override default_customfields.php you place a copy of this file in :

yourtemplate/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default_customfields.php

Is this correct ?

PRO

drewby07

Just FYI, doing this override broke all of my default VM images....such as the "add to cart" button etc.

corymp

Quote from: drewby07 on March 20, 2012, 19:09:48 PM
Just FYI, doing this override broke all of my default VM images....such as the "add to cart" button etc.
take a copy of everything in /components/com_virtuemart/assets/ and put them in -> /templates/yourtemplate/
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

PRO

Quote from: corymp on March 20, 2012, 19:17:26 PM
Quote from: drewby07 on March 20, 2012, 19:09:48 PM
take a copy of everything in /components/com_virtuemart/assets/ and put them in -> /templates/yourtemplate/

Not everything,

Just the images folder.

corymp

Yeah, you're right. For me,  I have the css files copied over and virtuemart styling turned off. plus I've been styling everything including facebox, etc. I found it's nice to have it all in there
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

jakobe

what a nightmare!

just let folks create, install and use templates.

why all of the headache?...stop re-inventing the core way 99% of users want to use Joomla.

PRO

Quote from: jakobe on March 31, 2012, 00:30:08 AM
what a nightmare!

just let folks create, install and use templates.

why all of the headache?...stop re-inventing the core way 99% of users want to use Joomla.

Why dont learn what  you are talking about?

JOOMLA USES "VIEWS" Unlike Vmart 1.1,  2.0 is actually the way Joomla components are supposed to be implemented.

If you quit your complaining, like you have done in every single of your posts I have read, and take the time to learn, you would be waaaay happier with 2.0

Red This section "Introduction to Model-View-Controller"
http://docs.joomla.org/Developing_a_Model-View-Controller_Component_-_Part_1

alvini

Regarding the CSS overwrite the steps you mention are not good.

THE CSS overwrite should be done automatically like for example is on K2.

If i put my VM CSS files the html folder it should load them automatically. I dont get why VM team has not done this.

If i put my VM css files on the template.css file that will make them load everytime and not only on the VM pages as it should.

Please consider to make the CSS overwrite to work smoth like it should on the new releases.

alvini

Plus overwriting the CSS in that way breaks some other parts like the "ask a question about this product" pop up box...

So if someone knows another better way to overwrites ;D the VM CSS is welcome to share

terp

Thanks, BanquetTables.pro....VERY helpful and got it all working.

Rather than add all the VM CSS overhead to EVERY compiled page, since I only have a dozen or so lines modified from the stock VM CSS, I merely added the few lines to my template.css and marked them as !important.

Thanks again.

PRO

Quote from: terp on April 10, 2012, 18:43:04 PM
Thanks, BanquetTables.pro....VERY helpful and got it all working.

Rather than add all the VM CSS overhead to EVERY compiled page, since I only have a dozen or so lines modified from the stock VM CSS, I merely added the few lines to my template.css and marked them as !important.

Thanks again.

I just disabled the vmart css totally. Then, when I saw I needed something from the vmart css, I copied it, and pasted it in my template.
That was only
The quantity buttons, update delete buttons,

and the widths20 etc.

Then, I combined as many classes as I could with my template css.

TBoele

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 31, 2012, 12:04:05 PM

JOOMLA USES "VIEWS" Unlike Vmart 1.1,  2.0 is actually the way Joomla components are supposed to be implemented.

If you quit your complaining, like you have done in every single of your posts I have read, and take the time to learn, you would be waaaay happier with 2.0

I make a copy of  .../components/com_virtuemart/views/askquestion/tmpl/form.php  and placed it in  .../templates/my_template/html/com_virtuemart/askquestion/form.php
But when i made some changes it doesn't work. You see the changes if i do it in the original form.php.

Is it not possible to override this ask a question form.php ?

PRO

Quote from: TBoele on April 11, 2012, 08:01:22 AM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 31, 2012, 12:04:05 PM

I make a copy of  .../components/com_virtuemart/views/askquestion/tmpl/form.php  and placed it in  .../templates/my_template/html/com_virtuemart/askquestion/form.php
But when i made some changes it doesn't work. You see the changes if i do it in the original form.php.

Is it not possible to override this ask a question form.php ?

yes its possible,

do you have more than 1 template?

baggeler

I followed al this discussions and I think I am getting the idea of overriding functionality.

In my case I did install VM onto Joomla 2.5 and a Yootheme template. It works pretty fine and the only thing remaining so far is that select boxes, buttons and popup forms (e.g. the ask a question form) do not inherit the layout settings and need to be adjusted.

http://www.orgonite-brasil.com/index.php/loja-virtual/orgonite-loja-virtual/por-forma
http://www.orgonite-brasil.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/por-forma/piramide-cheops-detail?Itemid=0

I did learn the basics about CSS some years ago and am refreshing my knowledge now "on the job" after being away from webdesign for over 7 years. Its my understanding that all I need is to create some override for the css file, is this correct (As do not need to modify anything on the layout itself but just change the background and font colors etc. so everything is congruent with the template)

I did download the vmsite-ltr.css (is this the correct one?) and now I am about to find the right tags I need to modify. How can I find out which are the correct classes to modify, can anybody point me to the files where to look for?

Thanks for your help!
Bernhard

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com
Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2