News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No Shop Currency defined! Go to http://....

Started by nillew, September 14, 2011, 17:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Morgan

mlacunza

I have the same problem!! I cant believe than severals months of testing with VM and still not work...

I fill ALL the info, clean install and when I try to add the info in the vendor and aditional information tab the same error plus:

vmError: WARNREG_EMAIL_INUSE

wich email???

Joomla 2.5.2 and VM 2.0.2

Milbo

mlacunza this is not an error, it is a message that you have to choose something. We cannot set it to euro or dollar, yen, rubbel or whatever. You must define the currency of your shop.
And Warnreg email in use is a joomla message.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

agrupe

Hi,
sorry to stress this issue but my migration hangs on this point, too. As soon as I click the link, I end up in the user account of the shop admin with two tabs named "general userinfo" and "additional info" (I have the German version, so the real names might be a bit different in English).

In both tabs there is no item to set the shop currency. Where do I have to look?

Thanks

Andreas

agrupe

Ok, what I did now:

Install the new version. Install sample data. Then the admin can see the currency infos in his profile. There is a third tab. Good. Curreny was auto-set to EUR. Surprise!

Then install the aio component. After that I got several errors which I have found a solution for by googling the error messages. So the system works with the sample data.

Then migrate. => No currency defined! => No third tab in the admin profile!

Please dear developers : Several familiy-incomes depend on my working shop. I suppose, I'm not the only person having this migration problems. Please provide a fix or a tip how to proceed.

Thanks & greetings from Germany

Andreas

Lorrein

What i did was:
Go into the database, select you user and make sure it has 1 in the vendor field. In other words set the vendor manually in the database. After this a vendor tab came available and the shop currency could be set.

Mayby I didn't set a vendor in the old version (before migrating).

Hope this helps

agrupe

Hi,

thanks for the hint. I'm a step further now ;-)

First -> disable all other shop vendors (admin-users) except "admin" in the old VM.

Second -> "admin" has to be the user typ "shopper" not "admin" or "shopowner" what worked well in VM 1.x
Then migrate (but via sample data, not direct!)
That gave me the vendor tab BUT (grrrrr) the Save button there is not working in my case. So I cold select a currency but pressing Save had no effect at all. That was only the case for the admin-user. All other customers could be modified and saved.

Third -> Edit vendor table by hand; set currency from 0 to 47 (Euro in my case) did the trick

Sorry but this migration is a nightmare!

Cheers

Andreas

Brunus

Same problem here and I have an idea on the problem but no solutions...
The table created vendor_fr_fr (in my case) don't content the field vendor_currency.
I did the migration this way : Installing langage pack before megrating, because when I did this the other way, all the products categories and products was not displayed when the administrator and joomla frontend are tuned to the langage I want.

I still not have solution, I'm not mysql coder.
Hope those informations to be usefull to improve the migrator tool.

icinfo

-- You can run this SQL query on database to insert the Shop Vendor directly to database using phpMyAdmin
-- Change Vendor Company name and Nr.62 to correct user id. Currency 47 is EUR.
-- Dumping data for table `jos_virtuemart_vendors`

INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_vendors` (`virtuemart_vendor_id`, `vendor_name`, `vendor_currency`, `vendor_accepted_currencies`, `vendor_params`, `created_on`, `created_by`, `modified_on`, `modified_by`, `locked_on`, `locked_by`) VALUES
(1, 'Company LTD', 47, '47', 'vendor_min_pov="0.00"|vendor_min_poq=1|vendor_freeshipment=0|vendor_address_format=""|vendor_date_format=""|', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '2012-01-01 10:10:10', 62, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);

icinfo

And here are the relevant Inserts to Company (sample) data in the default English (and sample for Finnish.)
Remember to replace the table prefix jos_ with your custom table prefix before using these otherwise you wont see any change.

--
-- Dumping data for table `jos_virtuemart_vendors_en_gb`
--

INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_vendors_en_gb` (`virtuemart_vendor_id`, `vendor_store_desc`, `vendor_terms_of_service`, `vendor_legal_info`, `vendor_store_name`, `vendor_phone`, `vendor_url`, `slug`) VALUES
(1, '', '<p>Terms of delivery</p>', '', 'Company LTD', '', 'http://www......net', 'company');

--
-- Dumping data for table `jos_virtuemart_vendors_fi_fi`
--

INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_vendors_fi_fi` (`virtuemart_vendor_id`, `vendor_store_desc`, `vendor_terms_of_service`, `vendor_legal_info`, `vendor_store_name`, `vendor_phone`, `vendor_url`, `slug`) VALUES
(1, '', 'Toimitusehdot', 'Yhtio Oy', '', 'http://www......fi', 'yhtio');

Milbo

Lol guys, what ya doing?

agrupe:
You must just do the migration as the mainvendor, that means you must be superuser.

The main vendor is usually automatically the guy installing vm. So you should login as the shopowner and superuser of your vm1 shop and then do the migration.

iciInfo, I am sorry, but I do not understand what the currency has todo with the language tables. The currency is stored in the virtuemart_vendors table. It is not depending on the language, so why it should be there, then?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

SamTzu

Sorry Milbo. Your suggestions just don't work.
I have to agree with Agrupe. This migration to v2 is just pure nightmare.
As far as I can see the problem arises with the admin user being linked with the VM2 Vendor.
That is simply just a terrible idea because v1 created it's own user data tables in VM and its bound to cause all these different errors we can see cropping up.
As far as I can see there is no easy solution for this.
You either get a page that is missing the "Save" button all together (and all CSS disapears) or you get a page that does not have "currency" tab (but does have CSS formatting) and no way to change currency except with a database tool.

---------------------------------------------------------

Sam