News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to setup tax rates?

Started by loppan, September 14, 2011, 11:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loppan

Is there a guide available on how to configurate the tax rates in vm 2?

I got it all figured out in vm 1.1.9 but the config seems alot different now, to the better I assume, once you get a hold of it :)

I want to add 25% sales tax (VAT) to all prices, both shipping and products.

I assume products / taxes & calculation rules is the way to go but I simply cannot understand what this is all about :).

I would be truly greatful if someone could advise me here. Thanks alot!

Milbo

Install the sampeldata and look on the VAT tax with 9.25%.

In short the calculation system is quite easy.
1. Create a new rule and enter a new name
2. Choose an entry point for the calculation, PMargin, before Tax, Tax, after Tax. So in your case just choose Tax.
3. Then enter the modifier in your case +%
4. Enter the value, in your case 25.
5. Your tax is for all shoppergroups, so don't enter any, your tax is for all categories, so don't enter any, your tax is valid for all times, so don't ... 
6. Remember we hate repeating work, so always when the rule should be used for all, just dont enter anything.

Afaik thats it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

Hi

QuoteI want to add 25% sales tax (VAT) to all prices, both shipping and products.
Concerning the shipping, you will have to select the correct VAT while configuring you shipping cost.

loppan

Thanks for the explanation. Works perfect!

cspub

I just installed the latest version to work with joomla 1.7. I didn't see how to install sample data so i started adding a product manually. i to go tax calculation and try to add new. it says non vendors can't access. then link to go back to dashboard. how do i add a tax rate? also can it be tax exempt if shipped out of state? how do i do that?

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI didn't see how to install sample data so i started adding a product manually.
If you installed the G version package, you should have had 2 choices: (1) go directly to the shop or (2) install sample data.

I think the best, if you are a  beginner, is to go to the menu Tools > Tools & Migration. Then click on "Reset all Tables & Install sample Data". That will help you.

cspub

i'm not sure what the g version is. i installed the latest for joomla 1.7.
if i do the reset, and install sample, will it show me how to set tax rate and one that can be exempt if send out of state?

alatak

Hi

I was talking about virtuemrt version.
You have the number at the bottom of the left menu.

Quoteif i do the reset, and install sample, will it show me how to set tax rate and one that can be exempt if send out of state?
In the Tax & Calculation Rule , you can set up taxes depending on the country.

jayrb

In the Tax setting for shipping is an option "Apply default rules". Why does this not implement the product tax rules?

Setting the tax by country in the shipping option is not adequate when you have regional differences. In Canada, we have different taxes in different provinces. The Tax config works perfectly to accommodate the regional differences.

Jay

archos

Is it only me or this function is not implemented now or has a bug ?
I'm not able to add a new rule for a VAT calculation. (or for nothing else)
When I press the Add buton I go to a blank page with no styling,,,(I see the left menu as hyperlink only),
I check with firebig the onclick event link to submitbutton('add'),
I'm using Joomla 2,51 and virtuemart 2,0.
I cannot override my data with the dummy samples because I already set my items.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

archos

Ok thanks you Jenkinhill,

It seems the bug is fixed on the vm2.0.1f but I'll (maybe) wait for an official 2.0.1.
Because my final website will be based on Joomla 2.5, and it uses other components than VM, I must work on this joomla version to ensure everything is ok
The website is only local at the moment.
I hope VM 2.0.1 will be officialy J2.5 compatible because like J1.6, J1.7 will die very soon.

alatak

Hi,

For VirtueMart, the odd number are testing releases. Even number are stable release.
The next "official" release will be 2.0.2.

archos

Ok Alatak,

I see some of the views are also not the same between 2.0.0 and 2.0.1f.
Because I changed some of them to match my website design I'm a little bit disappointed,,,
I feel the MVC philosophy cannot be respected as long as VM did not reach a certain maturity.
I know a big job has been done and sure the todo list is still not close (I can see some in the code comment  ;) ) so I want to thank all the developers for their job.

Alatak, bon courage pour ton bouquin.

lostmail

HM - virtuemart shows the calculated tax - but not the tax rate ?

I`d like to show the customers:

Price 10 EUR incl. XX % Tax

Where XX = the tax rate depending on the rules set in admin backend to calculate tax rate....
Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3