News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields Thread

Started by PRO, September 12, 2011, 15:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noblefx

Hello
You guys are really doing a great job help us here... I have gone through the thread but i want the details view to be tabbed like the one below:

http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/sale/dresses/icat/saledresses/dresses/florence-lace-trim-shift-dress/invt/azz58820

I also want to change the positions of "related products" and "Recently viewed" as it is in the link above.

Thanks

zbabyface

Quote from: noblefx on January 22, 2013, 23:04:06 PM
Hello
You guys are really doing a great job help us here... I have gone through the thread but i want the details view to be tabbed like the one below:

http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/sale/dresses/icat/saledresses/dresses/florence-lace-trim-shift-dress/invt/azz58820

I also want to change the positions of "related products" and "Recently viewed" as it is in the link above.

Thanks

I see your site, and I need to do the same as you, I have 4 colors of dresses with multiple sizes.  How can I achieve stock check with color & sizes?

bunglehaze

Hello

Thanks

For that I simply use the Joomlaworks tabs and slides plugin which is free.

You enable the plugin in Joomla, allow the use of Joomla plugins in VM config and then on the description page just use their tags to display the different tabs on the page.

{tab=description}
The first tab for general description goes in here
{tab=tab1}
tab 1 would go in here
{tab=tab2}
the second tabbed section
{tab= tab3}
Here would be a third tab section

Hope this helps

noblefx

Quote from: bunglehaze on January 25, 2013, 13:50:30 PM
Hello

Thanks

You enable the plugin in Joomla, allow the use of Joomla plugins in VM config and then on the description page just use their tags to display the different tabs on the page.

{tab=description}
{tab=tab1}
tab 1 would go in here
{tab=tab2}
{tab= tab3}

Hope this helps

THANKS FOR THE REPLY
Ii really helps. It was awesome. once again i appreciate. But i have an issue, when I viewed the product details page on the front end of the site, i get the following still showing below the tabs "{tab=description} The first tab for general description goes in here {tab=tab1} tab 1 would go in here {tab=tab2} the second tabbed section {tab= tab3} Here would be a third tab section "
same goes for the slides "{tab=description} The first tab for general description goes in here {tab=tab1} tab 1 would go in here {tab=tab2} the second tabbed section {tab= tab3} Here would be a third tab section "
Is there a way I can display the color textures on the product page just as it is shown on the site above?
Thanks for your quick response

bunglehaze

That would suggest you have the syntax wrong - have a look on the Joomlaworks site for that plugin as they have the documentation you need to sort that, as for the other - not sure what else you can do with it, I would assume you can as the tabs plugin just deals with tabbing the data so you will need to just style textures using html and css

Quote from: noblefx on January 26, 2013, 18:31:26 PM
Hello

Thanks

{tab=description}
{tab=tab1}
tab 1 would go in here
{tab=tab2}
{tab= tab3}

Hope this helps

THANKS FOR THE REPLY
Ii really helps. It was awesome. once again i appreciate. But i have an issue, when I viewed the product details page on the front end of the site, i get the following still showing below the tabs "{tab=description} The first tab for general description goes in here {tab=tab1} tab 1 would go in here {tab=tab2} the second tabbed section {tab= tab3} Here would be a third tab section "
same goes for the slides "{tab=description} The first tab for general description goes in here {tab=tab1} tab 1 would go in here {tab=tab2} the second tabbed section {tab= tab3} Here would be a third tab section "
Is there a way I can display the color textures on the product page just as it is shown on the site above?

noblefx

Thanks for the response... I've tried the documentation on the joomlaworks site... same thing applies.
i don't know if it has to with the latest version of vm2
Will keep searching for solution and will keep u posted.
Your help is highly appreciated
thanks

Quote from: bunglehaze on January 27, 2013, 19:57:50 PM
That would suggest you have the syntax wrong - have a look on the Joomlaworks site for that plugin as they have the documentation you need to sort that, as for the other - not sure what else you can do with it, I would assume you can as the tabs plugin just deals with tabbing the data so you will need to just style textures using html and css

Quote from: noblefx on January 26, 2013, 18:31:26 PM
Hello

Thanks

{tab=description}
{tab=tab1}
tab 1 would go in here
{tab=tab2}
{tab= tab3}

Hope this helps

THANKS FOR THE REPLY

juanfer2k

Quote from: rossstudio on January 13, 2012, 15:54:01 PM
Can there be a text entry custom field? Seems like other carts have this but not VM2. I could use it.

What if we need the input field text for a product, one that the user chooses, like name or a sinlge message?

How to place tis text field close to the product on the front page. and not using the mail function?

iustin2009

Hello everyone! First i want to apologise for my bad English.

I'm trying to make a online shop for selling computers but i have a problem with the custom fields.
I want to make a list of custom fields for, lets say, Laptop Specifications.
This will be like:
Laptop specifications (parent)->>Processor (also parent)->>Producer
                                                                                                Family
                                                                                                Clock Speed (GHz)

->>RAM Memory (also parent)->>Capacity  (GB)
                                                                                                   Memory type (DDR...)
                                                                                                   Frequency

->>Display(also parent)->>Diagonal measurement
                                                                                   Resolution
                                                                                   Format (HD, Full HD...)

When trying to create a product and assigning the custom fields all i get is the first "parent" custom field (not able to select a 2nd "parent" CF or a "child" CF)
Please recommend me a solution!

Thankyou for your help!
VM 2.0.18a
Joomla! 2.5.6

Apache version:   2.2.3
PHP version:   5.3.14
MySQL version:   5.5.28
Operating System   Linux

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

iustin2009

@jenkinhill thank you for your answer but Product Builder is not what I need right now. I want to create lists of  custom fields to be easier for me when populating the shop with products  (not editable or configurable by the clients).

Virtuemart only saves the second "parent" CF, not further.
I will probably use small lists of CF (with only one "parent"CF) and with ordering option allready in the backend of VM.
If this small project will be successful and I will receive some budget for it (right now its 0) then i will thinking about Product builder and Custom Filters extensions because it seems to be great tools for online shops!!!

PS: Sorry for my bad English and for a long post.

jenkinhill

@iustin2009  make a proper message in this forum, start your own thread rather than tag onto this one where people are more likely to be ignored.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

frandevelop

Is possible set different prices for each property? As in virtuemart for J1.5:

Colors:
Red = 15 €
Green = 20 €
Blue = 30 €

Without product base price? in 2.5 can not find the option :(

PRO

Quote from: frandevelop on March 04, 2013, 11:46:42 AM
Is possible set different prices for each property? As in virtuemart for J1.5:

Colors:
Red = 15 €
Green = 20 €
Blue = 30 €

Without product base price? in 2.5 can not find the option :(

you can try my plugin to see if it works for you.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99678.0

syntalk

Hi all,

Is it possible to make a custom field (cart variant in my case) required?
Any help is appreciated..

Anirudh

You are the MAN!
Quote from: John2400 on January 23, 2012, 11:34:50 AM
To get a text attribute ----- I did this

WOW I do wonder why It is done this way but it worked for me.
* Go to the Joomla Plugins and find>>VM - Custom, customer text input>>enable for Public.
*Now Go to Virtuemart>>Products>>custom Fields>>click new>>and new Attribute appears blank.
* In the custom Field>> pick plugins>>a small box will appear at the bottom of the list and then click on it>>VM customer text>>
* Wait : in a moment you will see a few options appear>>Title of Imput text>> change to what you want eg, Name
* next change the size of input to under 50 >> leave the cost per letter.
* IN the places above in the empty fields just write a few words like text, name , write -- (you can change these later)
* Make sure that Cart and published are ticked yes.

Now save , save , save

* Not finished yet
Now you have to click on Products>>pick one>>go to custom fields>>custom field type>> and pick the attribute you just created >> save save save .

Test to see the attribute appear - and email to you.

OK, I saw a small problem but it did work for me.    OMG - they need to make this easier.