Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields Thread

Started by PRO, September 12, 2011, 15:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amytuggey

Did you ever get a resolution on this? I need the same thing

dsrpmedia

no unfortunately it would appear that vm2 still does not have the basic functionality of vm 1.1

Loris

Hi there... requiem for VM2 development?  ???
someone has a simple, user friendly and reproducible procedure to create a working product with his children?

karbono

Quote from: Loris on March 26, 2012, 20:01:38 PM
Hi there... requiem for VM2 development?  ???
someone has a simple, user friendly and reproducible procedure to create a working product with his children?

Try Magento  ::)

OpenGlobal

Quote from: karbono on March 26, 2012, 20:02:47 PM
Try Magento  ::)

Unless the developers formally withdraw VM2 as an official release and put it back into beta until they fix this, that's the only realistic advice that can be given at the moment.

corymp

magento is very robust. but it has a steep learning curve.
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

OpenGlobal

Quote from: corymp on March 26, 2012, 20:23:28 PM
magento is very robust. but it has a steep learning curve.

And they don't release beta quality products as final releases :-)

corymp

It's very polished. not much is missing when it comes to features for an online store. The only downside is that it's very time consuming. and the supported version costs like 12 grand annualy
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

chiappa

Quote from: corymp on March 22, 2012, 11:56:53 AM
Quote from: chiappa on March 22, 2012, 11:16:37 AM
Did you find out how to sort your Generic Child Variants in the product views drop down?

The product order settings has no effect and weirdly enough looks like it's not sorting by ID either.. Saving new child variants in the correct order worked so far but it's not really a good system is it....

if you go into your product parent in backend and scroll down on the main tab, you will see all your child variants. you can sort them there

Coming back to this... There I can see a list of the child variants in the actual order (except in one case I have a parent that is ordering itself BETWEEN the child variants... *sigh*). But I cannot see how I could change the order of the child variants?

thekalle

I've been trying out corymps solution and got it all working except for the actual parent product showing up in the dropdown menu. How did you solve this on your site?

Thanks!

corymp

You have to rename the parent as if it is the first child
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

Bruce Morgan

Corymp, could you give your web site URL (if it is live) or post a screen shot so we can see how you solution looks.  Ideally, I would like to see the whole attributes/custom fields re-designed to make it more user friendly, but for now I would accept any solution that works.

Bruce

corymp

I am using Banquet.Tables.pro's dropbox plugin right now with no stock control. Honestly, I gave up on this solution, It works, But it starts to get difficult when you get to modifying the confirmation email... I cannot figure out how to display the correct product names. This solution took up so much time, and energy for me, I felt it might be a waste of time. I was hoping someone else could take a stab at finishing it, or even take it and find a better way.

for what it's worth here is my test site right now, but i am using Banquet's dropbox plugin with no stock control. It would function exactly the same though.

http://test2.firenl.com
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

Bruce Morgan

I installed BTP's plug in an hour ago but have not figured out how to use it.  I do not care about stock control which may be an advantage for me.  I am not sure how the confirmation email comes into play.  On my 1.1 live site the conormation email includes a copy of the order page.  Is it different for 2.0?

Bruce

dsrpmedia

BTP`s plugin looks to be very close - unfortunately all my attributes have to have their own SKU reference which I don `t see as an option - this is promising though, if it can be done for basic attributes one would think that it can be done for parents/children?