News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields Thread

Started by PRO, September 12, 2011, 15:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergioBo

After years of working with virtuemart component are sorry to leave but you can not continue. Version 2 is full of errors and should not be released, also no response from the staff. Step by Magento and we hope that the situation is different.

John2400

Sergiobo,

I'm replying just so you know that i', sure they are trying to get the attributes correct.  I see some people are limiting the way their stock variants are done- I'm not sure what you are selling but sizes and colours are maybe the easy variants to set up.
* I'm using joomla 1.7.5 and MV2.0.1 (d) that's d not (b) as you mentioned in a previous post.  ( they have done 4 updates since 2.0.0 came out)

* I'm just saying try that version and they might release a new update soon. I think they are doing a new one almost every 3 to 4 days. I know vm1 had easy variants.

* We are all having small problems with some shop attribute so stick at it.

beevo

Using Joomla 3.4.4 and VM 3.0.10

matthewod01

Just to put this out there here is what I did:
1) In language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini I pasted this: COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE=" "
2) In administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on or around line I deleted ":" on this line: $productCustom->text =  $productCustom->custom_value.'  '.$price;

So now my color or size options that have no price variation will only show up as the option!

I hope this helps someone because I feel like I spend more time on the forum then actually getting anything done! 

Thanks

Matt

blans

Can someone please explain why it's so complicated to do simple things with Virtuemart 2.0?

http://www.amazon.com/Inmates-Are-Running-Asylum/dp/0672316498

A basic webshop has 250+ products and these products have children. If you sell T-shirts you sell them in different colors and sizes with multiple different pictures per product.

I've been fighting with VM2.0 after using VM since it's beginning to do those simple things but what a hell of job this turns out to be. Just finding out how to add and display children is almost impossible (see this thread here).

Please please, please! Forget all the extra functionality and difficult (custom fields) language. Just make VM2 do basic things in the blink of an eye and see the popularity grow exponentially. Apple did it... So can Virtuemart!

Multilingual VM Webshop
Joomla 1.5.26
VM 1.1.9
Joomfish 2.1.7
Artio JoomSEF 3.8.2
CSVi VM 3.8.1

VM2 has the power of Magento and the usability of Opencart. I just can't get it to do what I managed to do with VM1 for so long...

lipes

I totally agree with you, blans.
Make a new topic with a Poll to see what users answer about this. :)
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

mabeall32

I would like to know whether it works and there is no documentation on how to make it work or  it does not work and I am spinning my wheels trying to make it work.  if it doesn't work,  are they working on it and if they are when will it be available (apx). I just want to hear something from one of the developers on the status of this features.  Everything else works beautifully and I appreciate their hard work on this extension.

fazzfarrell1969

In the old virtumart you could add a custom field for say 'size'

it would automatically use the default price unless you added a new price for each size - now it does not and you have to add the individually for each size.

I just want a list of sizes as the product is the same price whatever size, an I missing something?

John2400

Hi fazzfarrell1969,

I am using VM 2.0.1  n  and JM 2.5.1 -

I added cutomised varients to my product .
Eg colour : I added 4 colours - no cost involved in each
                  I added left or right hand no cost
                  I added 4 "strength" or tensions in bow (Archery.

I still have one cost 3 varients with several options each.
They are drop 3 down boxes and you can choose what you want as a customer

The price stays the same they just choose their options - You do not have to add costs -

I did not do anything special when adding a new varient.

dron_gr

Dear Developers,
Please could you add the DATEPICKER in custom fields so it can have a cart attribute and affect a price. A DATE custom field is not ok - because a client cannot choose a date by himself. I think for developers it pretty easy to create something like that, but its SO important!

Respectfully!

PRO

Quote from: fazzfarrell1969 on February 22, 2012, 15:11:32 PM
In the old virtumart you could add a custom field for say 'size'

it would automatically use the default price unless you added a new price for each size - now it does not and you have to add the individually for each size.

I just want a list of sizes as the product is the same price whatever size, an I missing something?

Look at the pdf here
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.msg297872#msg297872

You do not ave to add a new price when its not going to change.

TBoele

Does anyone get the custom fields with stock control working ?

If you ask the question here on the forum the only thing the answer is a direct to this link, but this isn't still not finished.

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Product_custom_fields_with_stock_control

I created the custom field "size" with XL, L, M, S
Created 2 child product of my main product.
Than i added this custom field to my main product and add the 2 child products in the plugin area.
Now i have 3 products. All published.
But if i look at my site i also see 3 products. That's not correct. So i disabled the main product. But than i see 2 child products with each a dropdown with only 1 option. I need ONE product with TWO options to select.

Why is this so hard to get this working and why isn't this still fully documented ?????

So many questions about custom fields.

OpenGlobal

TBoele: I'm not seeing that at all, my child products aren't showing up, just the parent product with the children as product options. This is on VM 2.0.2 on J!2.5.1.

I am seeing another strange problem though. I've set up a custom attribute with stock control and it's showing up fine with the dropdown in the frontend and backend. However, the additional charge is always doubled.

So I have a base price of 4.99, a custom field with additional charge of 1.00 and the resultant price is 6.99, not 5.99. This seems to be consistent behaviour with every product that I've set up and is consistent across products with a single custom field or multiple custom fields assigned to them.

The other problem I'm seeing is that it always says "Price: : No additional charge" under the dropdowns on the frontend. When I select an option in the dropdowns with an additional charge, nothing changes. The only way to see the actual cost is to add it to your cart and look in the shopping cart (where the additional charges are all doubled)

OpenGlobal

The problem with the doubling of the additional charges seems to be in getProductPrices() in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/calculationh.php:

if (!empty($variant)) {
                        $basePriceShopCurrency = $basePriceShopCurrency + doubleval($variant);
                        $prices['basePrice'] = $prices['basePriceVariant'] = $basePriceShopCurrency;
                }

The product_price that is sent to getProductPrices() in the $productId object already has the additional charge added to it. why does this function need to add it again?

Looking at code for the stockable custom plugin, it seems that 'No additional charge' string underneath the dropdowns is added with no intention of changing it when one of the dropdown items is selected. What is the point of this? the price either needs to be displayed in the dropdown or calculated with JS/Ajax to update the 'No additional charge' string underneath.

Whilst VM 2.0.2 is definitely much more stable than VM 2.0 it seems that the custom fields still needs more work to get it to a usable state. I'd like to help as much as possible because I can see so much potential in VM2 over VM1, but custom fields is an essential part of any e-commerce system so this needs be fixed before VM2 can be called anything more than beta.

vigier

Did anyone get the Customer_text_input running? Yes, it shows on your site, but on my site it doesn't save the value typed in that input box to the database/order... The dropdownlists work fine on my site (2.0.2).