News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields Thread

Started by PRO, September 12, 2011, 15:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

there is a stockable variants plugin.

Thats all I can tell you, I dont use them.

Markus Bender

Quote from: Electrocity on September 15, 2011, 22:28:47 PM
Hi,

I have do it for you ;)
Add a language key if customprice = 0 :
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="Free";
Simply edit it you can set it to ""; then nothing is displayed
or - or +++ or wath you want but it set by lnaguage then change it in all selected language.

Greets,

Patrick

This dosen't work in my installation.... In which file do i have to enter this string?

COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE=""

greetings
markus

PRO

Quote from: Markus Bender on January 25, 2012, 13:23:41 PM
Quote from: Electrocity on September 15, 2011, 22:28:47 PM
Hi,

I have do it for you ;)
Add a language key if customprice = 0 :
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="Free";
Simply edit it you can set it to ""; then nothing is displayed
or - or +++ or wath you want but it set by lnaguage then change it in all selected language.

Greets,

Patrick

This dosen't work in my installation.... In which file do i have to enter this string?

COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE=""

greetings
markus

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0

woonydanny

Quote from: minijus on January 24, 2012, 23:42:04 PM
My main question for this new version of VM is there an easy solution for stock control of products with variants. I hope it is, else this VM release is useless for clothing and shoes' shops. For example my client sells shoes and he wants to add new product "very nice shoes", which has two colors blue and red. This is how the stock looks like:
Very nice shoes:
Color: blue | Size: 30 | Stock: 5
Color: blue | Size: 32 | Stock: 7
Color: red | Size: 32 | Stock: 6
Color: red | Size: 34 | Stock: 8

What should I tell to do for my client to insert this new product? I was searching for an hour how to do this, but came with nothing :( As I already said if there is no easy solution for this oparticular problem, VM will not compete with other carts, because it will be simply useless and a bunch of hard work the team did will be wasted.

i want to know exactly same issue. It is so complex and confusing, there is no way an average shop keeper will be able to do this on their own. I am an experienced joomla user and i cant even figure it out.
PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!

Can someone please do a video or a step by step tutorial in how to add
Very nice shoes:
Color: blue | Size: 30 | Stock: 5
Color: blue | Size: 32 | Stock: 7
Color: red | Size: 32 | Stock: 6
Color: red | Size: 34 | Stock: 8

mrmug

Same problem here ... and even if you were able to add attributes, you'll loose them when you clone the product ...
This feature would be fixed in the sbv 2.01, but I tested this and it still is not working ...

My deathline is arriving, I think I'm in deep shit.
Maybe I should reinstall version 1 and work with the custom fields ...

the 'cart variant' option is also gone, now there is a plugin with 'stockable variants' who neither works :(

PRO

Quote from: mrmug on January 28, 2012, 13:06:11 PM
Same problem here ... and even if you were able to add attributes, you'll loose them when you clone the product ...
This feature would be fixed in the sbv 2.01, but I tested this and it still is not working ...

My deathline is arriving, I think I'm in deep shit.
Maybe I should reinstall version 1 and work with the custom fields ...

the 'cart variant' option is also gone, now there is a plugin with 'stockable variants' who neither works :(

do you have csv improved? you can do the customs via csv upload

mrmug

What do you mean with 'csv improved'? How can I import a list using csv if the the attributes are not working correctly and even products cannot be cloned without losing the attributes?

Check also http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=93804.msg319819#msg319819

normally there was a fix before end 2011, but even in version 2.01 it is not fixed ...
I use virtuemart since 3 years, but for my new client, I think I have to search another component :(
This is getting really urgent ... I will lose my client if I have nothing to show her next week ...

makovka

I see some modification in 2.0.1. I need add custom field with "attribute id" and "product size" but I need hide "attribute id" on product pages (not in confirmation mail). Is it possible?

OMG. I am playing with VM 2.0.1 custom fields. I can't setup product size. If I choose stockable variants, it overrides names and sku (i try modify my xml import). If I choose product specification I can't add more then one specification (size) - after save product page have all product specification same name. And I don't understand "Is a list?" check box - I want list but if I check yes I can't edit customs on admin product page.

I can use stockable variations and import data in xml but one attribute = one new product. I have 5000 product with 5 variations :( Most VM users need list  with product atributes only (size, color, weight, custom, etc). It is 2.0.1 problem...

lyrictech

So disappointed! Went through time and effort to install virtuemart and countless hours spent searching for an answer to the attribute problem. Was hoping to use virtuemart for clothing store which need sizes and colors. Your wiki said to use 'Stockable Variants' plugin which does not work. Plus wiki doc and manuals are for old version of virtuemart. I hope they have a fix soon to easily enter product attributes for size and color - but for now I have to use a different shopping cart.

mrmug

same problem here :(
a possibility is to use version 1 again ... but how long will it be supported ...

it's the third time I'll have to tell my client the wait one week more ...

SergioBo

Nothing does not work. impossible to use attributes with control of inventories.

mangotti

Quote from: SergioBo on February 01, 2012, 15:26:18 PM
Nothing does not work. impossible to use attributes with control of inventories.

Same here so far. I have another thread started here to hopefully get VM attention that this is absolutely needed and should be addressed.
/index.php?topic=97257.msg320620#msg320620

SergioBo

Frankly I am disappointed by the project which I think is really nice but there is a constant development. problems remain unresolved. The new version 1.7 is compatible with the output after a year. I hope you do not pass the same time. In any case, try alternative solutions.

mangotti

Quote from: SergioBo on February 01, 2012, 15:53:01 PM
Frankly I am disappointed by the project which I think is really nice but there is a constant development. problems remain unresolved. The new version 1.7 is compatible with the output after a year. I hope you do not pass the same time. In any case, try alternative solutions.
Couldn't agree more. I'm giving this 2 more weeks and if these major issues are not simply addressed or acknowledged by the team then I'm going to jump ship and switch to a product that works properly.

lyrictech

If someone from VM could just reply to let us know what is going on with this issue, we'd appreciate it. Even a "we are working on the issue", or "'we are working on documentation to explain exactly how to do it" --- ANY kind of reply would be great. Thanks!

what is the issue?