Author Topic: Downloadable Products Help!  (Read 1159 times)

benc555

• Beginner
Downloadable Products Help!
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:27:10 am »
Hello,
I'm trying to sell downloadable products on my site.
However, they are very large files(1.2 gb) and my Webhost restricts the PHP Max Upload.
Is there a different way I can do downloadable products? Such as Apache handling the download, or sending the users a link to download, not a download center?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Downloadable Products Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:56:23 am »
There is no easy way around this unless you have full control, such as with a dedicated server, so you need to store the large files elsewhere. See this solution for large file downloads using Amazon S3.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=54261.msg177502#msg177502
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 3.8.9.10473 on Joomla 3.9.28 PHP 7.4.14

soulviasound

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:03:20 am »
I tried the amazon bucket solution, the download start, but the file have only 8mb instead 1GB. Someone had same problem ?

I have the last VM version with joomla 1.5.22

Thank you

KKeys

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 18:23:46 pm »
Hi jenkinhill and VM forum,

I don't quite understand the problem with large files.  My files (150 MB zip files) have been previously loaded to my server outside my webroot over FTP, so it looks like my host server company allows files of such a large size.  But the VM media uploader times out or something when "uploading" the 150MB file.  (8MB and 10MB are fine.)    I did "go dedicated" with my host, and the file is there... so why can't VM access it?  Do I really need to set up this Amazon s3 thing?  Is there another option or file size restriction I can discuss with my host company before diving into that remote file thing?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 21:27:08 pm »
The limits for this are imposed by the server php settings and possibly by Apache (LimitRequestBody). If you have dedicated you can set php.ini limits to as high a level as needed, and check through apache.conf for limits.

For a start see http://www.radinks.com/upload/config.php
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 3.8.9.10473 on Joomla 3.9.28 PHP 7.4.14