News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved & fixed]403 on config for taxes

Started by Amema, July 22, 2011, 23:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amema

I just tried to go from Products to Taxes and ended up in a 403 page telling me "Forbidden for non-vendors." Then it promptly expelled me to the joomla backend dashboard.

Trying again, going directly to Taxes in the VM dashboard was fine.
Unix server, php 5.2.17, VM 2, Joomla 1.7

Amema

oops, did it again...

It's when I click "New" to add another set of taxes.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

Amema which VM2RC version? 

Max, the postsays J1.7 in the sig line.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Quote from: Amema on July 22, 2011, 23:27:28 PM
I just tried to go from Products to Taxes and ended up in a 403 page telling me "Forbidden for non-vendors." Then it promptly expelled me to the joomla backend dashboard.

Trying again, going directly to Taxes in the VM dashboard was fine.

Looks for me like a joomla error. This seems to be simular like the ACL thing where the function is suddenly not found.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Amema

Well, I have a totally fresh J1.7 without any add-ons - not even language.

Compared to last try, things seems to be running smoother this time around, but this problem persists.

I have filled in everything else; paying methods, a couple of products, manufacturers, shop info... But when I go in to "Taxes & Calculation Rules" and click "New", I get a "403 - Forbidden for non-vendors".

But am I not a vendor? What else am I doing in the backend if I'm not supposed to be there or change things? Or is there any other setting that I have missed?

(Maybe I'll better put this thing in the bug category?)

corster

Hello,

We fought this issue as well.  It turned out that, even as "Administrator" and having this user account enabled as "Vendor" you still need to go to...

Virtuemart > Orders & Shoppers > Edit (the user account you are using) > Vendor [tab] - then set the currency.  For some reason this does not use the default currency and needs to be manually set for all vendors.  Before saving this change to the Shopper/Vendor's profile, you need to make sure all information in the "Additional Information" tab is filled out - they are required fields.

Hope this helps.

Curtis

loppan

Quote from: corster on August 05, 2011, 16:08:08 PM
Hello,

We fought this issue as well.  It turned out that, even as "Administrator" and having this user account enabled as "Vendor" you still need to go to...

Virtuemart > Orders & Shoppers > Edit (the user account you are using) > Vendor [tab] - then set the currency.  For some reason this does not use the default currency and needs to be manually set for all vendors.  Before saving this change to the Shopper/Vendor's profile, you need to make sure all information in the "Additional Information" tab is filled out - they are required fields.

Hope this helps.

Curtis

This certainly helped me. Many thanks!

Milbo

Quote from: corster on August 05, 2011, 16:08:08 PM

Virtuemart > Orders & Shoppers > Edit (the user account you are using) > Vendor [tab] - then set the currency.  Before saving this change to the Shopper/Vendor's profile, you need to make sure all information in the "Additional Information" tab is filled out - they are required fields.

Atm we only support single vendor, better is to login as the correct vendor and to use the edit shop menu item. Anyway this problems shouldnt exist anylonger in H version and us now set to fixed

sscheidegger

I have the same issue with J1.7.2 VM RC2J. How exactly can I make my user a vendor? I don't see a vendor tab in my user account!

Milbo

Enable multivendor, go to list, enable vendor for hte user, go store config, store it, disable multivendor.

Also look on the wiki on dev.virtuemart.net and there on tools to find another method

John2400

Is that safe to turn on Multi vendor to ensure that the order goes through?
   Due to this error -         COM_VIRTUEMART_STRING_FORBIDDEN_FOR_NON_VENDORS
        Couldn't create order items
        No order created

* my order goes through with it turned on - but if I turn it off (nothing goes through).
* I see it says earlier in that H version this will be fixed?

Joomla 2.5.1 and VM 2.0.1 c -

* I still notice that paypal setting does not send you a confirmation email to vendor nor buyer - Maybe because I'm both now?