Author Topic: VIP Option - Separate pricing structure?  (Read 3263 times)

shickyhicks

• Beginner
VIP Option - Separate pricing structure?
« on: January 24, 2011, 20:12:21 pm »
I have a question... I am a designer for a wholesale vitamin business.. and their business model is such:

A customer buys vitamins from us at retail prices, until his expenses reach $100. Once he has spent $100, he is a member of the Wholesale Vitamin Club. He is then able to pay almost half of what vitamins cost.

What we are looking for is a shopping cart that can track the customer, so that once he reaches the $100 limit, he is automatically assigned this "VIP" status and get the new lower price. Is this possible on Virtue Mart, or is it possible to have you write us a script that can do this?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: VIP Option - Separate pricing structure?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 22:17:10 pm »
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.8.0 10314 on Joomla 3.9.16 PHP 7.0.33

piercerides

• Beginner
Re: VIP Option - Separate pricing structure?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 18:53:56 pm »
Ive been using RS Membership! by RS Joomla! only because Virtuemart didn't have a subscription managment option. It would be a simple enough feature to add, just assign another payment to be processed 1 mo. away with the same price and processing information over a secure server. It could be the same integration with all the existing payment gateway integrations.

RS membership allows you to charge monthly however it does not offer an option to have it expire after x amount of months. These simple intuitive things I feel are severely lacking in many components out there. I really hope virtuemart can make an option as easy to use as there normal product system.