News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Migrating data from VM 1 to VM 2 ?

Started by iDanny, March 23, 2011, 03:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

strange thing, 4 people did an upgrade and it worked, but for 2 people it did not worked. Please tell me more about your system. Linux, mac, windows, php version, ftp-layer or not
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

franzpeter

In my case I use a mac with MAMP. The problem seems to be the max execution. I did try it on my localhost with both (setting max execution time to true or false). the script runs for 0.0003xxxxx second and stops. The running time seems even to be not sufficient to migrate one user or order. I do not use ftp layer. I'll try it with ftp layer and report about progress or failure.

Milbo

The script uses the max execution time set by the php.ini.
Of course this should be high... my server has 2 minutes,.. 1 minute is normal, I would say below 20 secs you shouldnt try to setup a joomla on it.
the max_execution time is NOT a boolean.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

CassVox

Akeeba wont let me install the 1.9.8b update and I get a 500 error when I try with Joomla installer.

Hmm...

Milbo

CassVox, which joomla version you are using?

CassVox

Joomla 1.5.23 from a JoomlaXTC jumpstart install w/Kraftwerks template.

Had installed 1.9.8RC started to migrate, Akeeba advised of upgrade, did 1.9.8a with no problem but then wouldn't do b.

When I attempted to install manually encountered 500 errors, "Another component is already using that file.." errors and loadmodule errors.  Even after removing.

Wiped the entire install and started over.  Was able to manually install 1.9.8b and allinone module but unable to migrate products.

Now encountering fatal errors around convertECB.php and class_currency_display.php

incolor

I started over from scratch with a fresh clone of my J1.5.23+VM1.1.9.

Then I installed VM1.9.8RC2b.

I still cant get either the Products or Orders to migrate successfully, but at least now there are no blank white pages while using the migration tools.

When I go to list the Products, however, I get a blank white page and this error in the Apache log:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class convertECB in ***/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/currency/convertECB.php on line 24, referer: http://***/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config

Similarly, when I try to list the Orders, I get a blank white page and this error:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class convertECB in ***/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/currency/convertECB.php on line 24, referer: http://***/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=updatesmigration

CassVox

I overcame those by renaming each class.  In my case I added a 1 to each class name.

I did run into an additional error with the global.php line 209 after doing that but it was just a simple correction of the name to match by adding the 1.

So far so good there.

Now on to the next fire.

Edit: Next fire is that JoomlaXTC Framework and VM2 ARE NOT playing nicely together... blank pages on the front end.  *sigh*

incolor

QuoteI overcame those by renaming each class.  In my case I added a 1 to each class name.

I guess that's just a little over my head. Can you specify the change in more detail?

On line 24 I tried changing
class convertECB {
to
class convertECB1 {
but it didn't seem to do anything different.

CassVox

Actually that is exactly what I did with both.  Be sure though that you are updating the file from the Administrator>components>com_virtuemart> file rather than the main component file.

incolor

Doh!

I was looking at the file on my live site, not my VM2 sandbox.

Thanks

Milbo

Quote from: CassVox on July 17, 2011, 00:24:50 AM
Joomla 1.5.23

Had installed 1.9.8RC started to migrate, Akeeba advised of upgrade, did 1.9.8a with no problem but then wouldn't do b.
Strange thing. Packages are very simular. Same xml, same structure, hm.

Quote from: CassVox on July 17, 2011, 00:24:50 AM
When I attempted to install manually encountered 500 errors, "Another component is already using that file.." errors and loadmodule errors.  Even after removing.
Even more strange, this messages should never appear, when you install a component with the upgrade method. VM2 is configured that way.
[/quote]

Milbo

Quote from: CassVox on July 17, 2011, 04:12:41 AM
Actually that is exactly what I did with both.  Be sure though that you are updating the file from the Administrator>components>com_virtuemart> file rather than the main component file.

I am wondering, which main component file is called convertECB.php. Also the global.php does not exist anylonger in VM2. Atm for me it looks so, that the joomla updates method makes errors. So I assume you used the following method:

You have already a live store running vm1. You made a local copy, for exampel using akeeba backup, then you just run the installer (which is right that way). After that you get trouble with the global.php. This is a clear sign, that the update process does not upgrade anything right.

the global.php is obsolete since more than a year or so. So installing VM2 over VM1 seems to let to many rests in the system. Hmm annoying.

CassVox

Well I hardly meant to be annoying!  ;D

So let me give a bit more detail, my Joomla install is done as part of the JoomlaXTC jumpstart process, which includes VM1.1.6 updated to VM1.1.9stable

In my original attempt to migrate I was doing so with a store that included original sample data of the jumpstart install, my own added data and VM1 had been hacked to make use of multi location warehouse.  That was the point I received the initial errors I posted about.  I uninstalled all of VM at that point and reinstalled using VM2.02RC and ended up with the php errors I referred to.

AND NOW.. WORKING FROM A BRAND NEW INSTALL OF JOOMLAXTC KRAFTWERKS JUMPSTART.

Install goes well... back end VM2 loads up fine.  (You should either have the update tools be a default check or more clearly note WHAT exactly the user is being sent to Configuration to do, by the way)

When we do the allinone migration at this point moves categories successfully but not products. Sees the 85 there to be migrated.. but doesn't.
Same with Migrate Products.

And the front end is due to the Kraftwerks template... they just don't like each other.  Any suggestions on why that maybe would be greatly appreciated.

Ugh.

Milbo

Quote from: CassVox on July 17, 2011, 09:59:57 AM
Well I hardly meant to be annoying!  ;D

lol, I am sorry, I meant the behaviour of the joomla upgrader is annoying, not you. Afaik I sent you a message to contact me in skype, would I do that, when you would annoy me? :-)

First a big sorry from my side. We (the team) actually wondered what went wrong, so we digged deeper and found out that we may have a problem with the svn. It started one week ago, that developers had problems to update or committ. Some teammembers had old files and strange problems. We hope anything works now again smoothly.

I dont know how, maybe due the svn thing, I found some errors in the code, which I had fixed more than week ago or so. Then I found a new problem. The migrator takes the max execution time, but did not care about the used memory.

I found out that my migration sampel needs 25 MB just to load the users (pure mysql list). So I am adding at the moment a precalculation, which limits the db input to fit the max memory settings of the server.

The next problem is the our installation package, because it should run on j1.5 and j1.6. We just didnt find the reasons for the problem with it yet. I could upgrade 1.9.8 to 1.9.8a using the installer, but not 1.9.8a ->1.9.8b. But the normal installation with the joomla interface worked in all cases.

Additionally to that I found a new problem, when you directly update from vm1.1 without deleting the files. It is using then the old toolbar and tries to load old stuff, which leads to problems (like the currency thing). I will add a button "delete old vm files" and will rename the toolbar.virtuemart.php to something else. I think it should be written so, that you can leave your old data there, some people may use it to port some custom hacks.

When you contact me in skype I would like to send you a test packet.

Until then,
Max