News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Special Orders with a Deposit

Started by lewistactical, March 15, 2011, 22:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewistactical

Hello,
I have spent many days looking for a solution to my problem, but it looks like I will need the help of an expert.
Most of the products that I sell are special order items.  I would like to have the "Notify Me" button modified to an "Order Now" button.  This is how it should function:
1. Customer clicks Order Now button and the product is added to the shopping cart.
2. When customer checks out, the shopping cart looks at a custom field for the product where the deposit percentage is stored.
3. Using the deposit percentage, the cart calculates the deposit amount.
4. Customer is only charged the deposit amount. (It would be nice if the customer is given the option to pay just the deposit or the total amount, but that is a nice to have at this point).
5. I change the status of the order to Confirmed and then order the product from the manufacture (or I could add another Order Status like Ordered).
6. When the product is received by me and ship to customer, I change the order status to shipped and the balance due is charged.
I would prefer to be able to set the deposit percentage by product.  If anyone would like to talk with me about this project, please PM me your number and a good time to call.
I am using Joomla 1.5.22, Yoo Theme's Neo Template, VirtueMart 1.1.7, and VM Junction's Naru theme.
Thanks
Tim

lewistactical

Looks like this will work for me.  Working with Jeremy to make some changes.  Thanks for the link.
Tim