News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping Labels

Started by timjm, March 03, 2011, 22:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timjm

I have the FedEx module setup but have not tried any purchases yet, so I am still Naive with the module.

How are shipping labels generated? Does VM handle this after a purchase is made, or do they show up in our FedEx account, or do we just have to make them?

Thanks.

-Tim

lowmips

The default fedex module that ships with VirtueMart does not create any shipping labels.  It simply shows a shipping estimate, and it is up to the admin to create any actual shipments and shipping labels.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

lowmips

Not the vanilla installation. There may be some modifications out there that do this, but I'm not familiar with any.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Jeremy - CodeDonors.com

I have a comprehensive module available that creates labels for both domestic & international shipments, performs address validation at three points throughout the store, and tracks packages in the order details screen. It has a number of other features as well, and is constantly being refined to ensure that it provides:

• The most accurate quotes possible
  • A top quality experience for administrative users.
I can be reached on Skype at jmcdonald.codedonors or via e-mail at jmcdonald@codedonors.com if you are interested in checking it out.
Been doing this for a long time and still having fun :-)

PHP, Javascript, CSS, Bash, Perl and Python

FYI...WebHostManager (WHM) offers free SSL for all sites on the server via Sectigo and you can turn it on in under 5 minutes.

amanwas

To create fedex shipping labels you can use
www.quickonlineship.com

a web based shipping label generation service which works with almost every shopping cart system.