News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Fix blank page issue

Started by Norsub, March 09, 2011, 09:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsub

Hi.

As I have been asking in many forums and googled for countless hours without finding any solution to this problem, time is running out for me, and the whole site project is put on hold because of this.

The thing is - I have a template conflict in VirtueMart. I use the Lexx Club template (http://www.templatemonster.com/joomla-templates/30786.html) with VirtueMart and Joomfish. Everything is working fine, but the category pages in VM. When clicking this, the page and subcategories shows OK for a short second, and then the page turns blank - with only the "sort by" icon showing.
Take a look at this screenshot: http://bildr.no/view/838314

I don't have much to pay anyone who would fix this, but I will gladly give the person who can fix this a couple of bucks, because this things i getting on my nerves - and needs to be fixed ASAP...

Tried:
- Commenting out mootools line in files.
- Turning on maximum error repporting in Joomla. Nothing.
- Changing browsepage/flypage in cateogries.
- Tested with other templates - works fine.

Thank you.

grodiz

Hi,
I'm no expert but I wanted to "help" with what I know in error searching. Have you tried turning on the error reporting in Virtuemart? You wrote maximum error reporting in Joomla but Virtuemart has an own debug function.

Maybe you can get something out of that?

Regards
Anni

Norsub

Thanks for helping. Unfortunately, that does nothing - no error shows. If I choose view source, the source code looks fine.
However, I tried inspecting the site with Firebug, and this is what Firebug shows: http://bildr.no/view/839535

Looks like maybe the CSS file is not called correctly??

grodiz

Ok sorry that was the only thing I could think of, but hopefully someone els now what this could be. Have you tried turning off SEF and those related settings maybe it has something to do with that?

Sorry for not helping more but as I said I'm no coder, but I know that the responses can be quite "slow" here so I wanted to tell you what I knew.

Hoppas att det löser sig.

/Anni

Norsub

I tried unpublishing the System - SEF in plugins now (if that was what you meant), but still the same #$%& white page with just the "order by" icon. The annoying thing is that I can see the page working fine for a second, but then it decides to turn blank...

Tack for det!

Norsub

Ok, so I narrowed it down to being a conflict with Jscrollpane and my  template. A helpfull guy found this out:

I checked your site. If you have checked your site with Firebug then you must have seen that the problem is created by templates/theme589/scripts/jScrollPane.js javascript file of your Joomla Template which is not allowing the page to open correctly.

However the page should open correctly with any IE browsers. The above script is conlicting with standard Virtuemart Tooltip script WZ Tooltip and getting your site crashed. Please contact TemplateMonster team and show them this error. They must be able to help you with this.

Ive been in contact with supporters both at templatemonster.com and templatetuning.com (templatemonster referred me to this site). Templatemonster told me they wouldn't fix it because VM is a third party component, and they dont guarantee that the template will work with third party components. So I tried templatetuning.com, but they wouldn't just fix the error, they could oly help me with remaking the whole template as virtuemart template, for $450. Thats more then I get paid myself...

I've googled around a bit, and found something about jquery noconflict mode, but nothing helped... Maybe im doing it wrong. AAAAH I need help! :)

Marius

Norsub,

I want to take a look at it,
if you can provide me an account to login I can look after the css of your template.

PM me..

Grtz Marius