Author Topic: UK Postcode/County/Country code zones module  (Read 105523 times)

Jan1812

• Beginner
Re: UK Postcode/County/Country code zones module
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2012, 17:00:39 pm »
Hi Alan,

i've set for Belgium 0.005 - 2KG= 8€ with Bpost
now i want to add one for Germany 0.005 - 2KG=18€ with Bpost!
is this posible? how should i do this?

wanniez

• Beginner
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2012, 21:41:56 pm »
Hi there,
I created 3 different zones (see attachment), ( Rate type : flat rate. )
 - UK  £6.95
 - International £19.95
 - International (bundle) £34.95<--- this is when international customers buy cricket bat, pad and glove so they can choose for a bundle rate.

However , when I tested it with a US address, the only option that appeared was 'international' ,not the bundle option... WHY??
Please help.  :'(

Thanks

Hi,

I'm afraid the module won't work like that - it finds the first zone that matches not all zones that match so that's why only the international rate is shown. If the bundle rate was for separate products then you could have the two zones like you do with International set to disallow the bundle products and International (Bundle) set to only allow the bundle products.

If that's not the case then you could set a shipping option but that would affect both the UK and International zones unless you created a second instance of the module and configured the main one with just the UK zone and the second one with the international zone + bundle option.

Hope that makes sense.

I guess there might be situations that need multiple zone matches so I'll add to the wish list an option to match only the first matching zone or all matching zones. No guarantees when I might get time to get the next version done as there's been no slack time at work for ages now so no free time to work on this.

Cheers,

Alan.

Thank so much for your reply. I will have a go with the two instances option - will let you know how it goes! :)

alanB

« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2012, 11:49:24 am »
Hi Alan,

i've set for Belgium 0.005 - 2KG= 8€ with Bpost
now i want to add one for Germany 0.005 - 2KG=18€ with Bpost!
is this posible? how should i do this?

Hi,

how have you set up the module? What shipping rules do you want? Without any more information it's not very easy to decide

Depending on what you actually need what you might want is to set the module to match on country code and then have a zone for Belgium with a base rate of 8€ and a zone for Germany with a base rate of 18€. That will give you the shipping rates as described.

If you want to charge more for weights above 2kg then you need to look at setting the module to use weight bands and figure a system that works for both Belgium and Germany.

If you need something different between Belgium and Germany (ie different weight bands or shipping options etc) then you would need to create a second instance of the module. Set the first module to only accept users in Belgium and the second to only accept users in Germany and then configure each separately. In this case you could just use the default zone if you don't need to have separate charges within Belgium or Germany.

Cheers,

Alan.

Jan1812

• Beginner
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2012, 14:16:26 pm »
Alan,

thx for the response!
i've now only Belgium!
setup: deliver package
Bpost
Belgium
0.005KG
2KG
5.72€
0.89€
EURO
BTW: 21%

that's my setup!
for Germany i made a new one with the same settings ( the costs are different )!
but de site shows only "belgium" and "germany" not!
what is wrong?

alanB

« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2012, 14:26:34 pm »
Alan,

thx for the response!
i've now only Belgium!
setup: deliver package
Bpost
Belgium
0.005KG
2KG
5.72€
0.89€
EURO
BTW: 21%

that's my setup!
for Germany i made a new one with the same settings ( the costs are different )!
but de site shows only "belgium" and "germany" not!
what is wrong?

Hi,

are you saying that when you purchase something with a delivery address in Belgium you get the Belgium shipping but that when you have a German shipping address you get no shipping rates at all? If so then please copy the postcode.cfg.php and postcode1.cfg.php files from /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping.

If however you're saying that the German option doesn't appear when you use a Belgium delivery address then it shouldn't - you should only see the correct shipping rate based on the delivery address.

Cheers,

Alan.

Jan1812

• Beginner
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2012, 15:37:24 pm »
Hi Alan,

ah okay!
it's solved & thx for the effort

Inspireddevelopment

• Beginner
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2012, 10:04:49 am »
Hi... Does this plugin work for Virtuemart 2.0?

alanB

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2012, 10:09:04 am »
Hi... Does this plugin work for Virtuemart 2.0?

Hi,

the quick answer is I don't know. We've not done any more sites with virtuemart since I created this module so I've not used 2.0 yet. I've no idea if there are any changes to the shipping api or not.

If you've got a development site with VM2.0 on then all I can suggest is trying it :D

Sorry I can't be more help,

Alan.

antonitus

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2012, 16:10:52 pm »
Excellent module and it works perfectly under J1.5+ and VM1.19, however will there be an updated version for Joomla 2.5.2 and VM2+?  This would be excellent to have working as I believe Joomla 1.5 will cease to exist soon and I'm now moving on to Joomla 2.5.2 and VM2+.

Thanks for the brilliant module.

Tony
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

alanB

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:04 am »
Excellent module and it works perfectly under J1.5+ and VM1.19, however will there be an updated version for Joomla 2.5.2 and VM2+?  This would be excellent to have working as I believe Joomla 1.5 will cease to exist soon and I'm now moving on to Joomla 2.5.2 and VM2+.

Thanks for the brilliant module.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you. I'm glad you find it useful.

I only get time to work on this if we get slack time in the office (which is rather rare at the moment) so I can't say when I'll get chance to work on it again unless we get a client who wants a virtuemart shop. I have a wish list of additions and modifications and I'd like to rewrite the code from scratch to make it easier to maintain and extend at which point I'd make sure it worked on VM2 and Joomla 2.5 but without a paying client it's unlikely to be any time soon - unless there's any other developers who'd like to get involved.

Cheers,

Alan.

antonitus

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2012, 23:48:36 pm »
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your response. I really enjoy using your script, it's really the best UK shipping module for VM and it's so powerful and flexible.  I have some basic knowledge of PHP but I'm not a guru and I can quite easily edit some PHP files.  The problem I have here is the way Virtuemart have created their new VM2+ hierarchy.  They seemed to have completely changed their folder structure.  I'll see if I can find a way of implementing your existing script to VM2+, but no guarantees as I'm not a guru in Joomla module writing, but I can sure learn.

Also if I can get some paid clients on board who need this feature in VM2+, then I will surely talk to you about developing one  for VM2+, if the price is right.  Virtuemart are so rubbish at developing UK shipping plugins and you have done an excellent job in creating one for the community, so well done for that and we thank you with respect.

Another thing that annoys me is that Royal Mail should pull their finger out and start writing a plugin for Virtuemart, just like DHL and FedEx. I have written to them a couple of times and no one knows what is going on.  This would make our lives even easier as the rates would come straight from their servers.  Hey, maybe you should approach them and tender your expertise, it could make you rich, haha.

Cheers,
Tony
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

MTechMgr

• Beginner
    • Messinian Tech
  • Skype Name: messinian-tech
  • VirtueMart Version: 1.1.9
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2012, 13:52:17 pm »
Hello to the forum and many thanks to the author of this module.
I've been trying to use this module in my e-shop but i've noticed some missing options.
Courier companies in Greece have extra services like COD, delivery on Saturdays, areas out of range that they charge with extra money for delivery and things like that.
I'm trying to use this module and virtuemart and in step 2 of the order.
1)Customer should be able to choose base rate and extra services like COD,delivery on Saturdays etc. and VAT should be calculated on all choices.
2)I think checkboxes would be better than radio buuttons for customer to choose and after the choices made, the whole amount of shipping plus VAT should be transferred to step 3 of order in Virtuemart.

I belive these solutions would help make the module better.

alanB

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2012, 10:26:25 am »
Hi,

Hello to the forum and many thanks to the author of this module.

you're welcome.

1)Customer should be able to choose base rate and extra services like COD,delivery on Saturdays etc. and VAT should be calculated on all choices.

You can do this with the module with shipping options - these are things that modify the base rate for the zone eg. A shipping option called "Saturday Delivery" which modifies the rate by +5€ or *2 or whatever. If you've set a tax rate then it is applied to the shipping options also.

Cash on Delivery would sort of work as a shipping option by setting it to modify the rate to =0 but it's not really fully supported as I guess as you'd want to show the amount to pay somewhere on the invoice etc when this would just show the shipping as 0 (but would show that they had chosen the COD option) so not sure if it would work for you or not.

2)I think checkboxes would be better than radio buuttons for customer to choose and after the choices made, the whole amount of shipping plus VAT should be transferred to step 3 of order in Virtuemart.

Possibly the module could use checkboxes rather than radio buttons, but that would possibly break the way virtuemart works if any other shipping modules were used at the same time - all shipping modules output radio buttons so that only one shipping option can be chosen - otherwise the customer could select options from this module and other modules at the same time.

Maybe it could be done so that there is a radio button to choose this shipping module and the options could be checkboxes (although again it makes sense for options to be radio buttons if they're mutually exclusive - eg you can't really pick next day delivery and saturday delivery and free delivery at the same time) but I don't have time to investigate and implement it at the moment. All I can say is that I'll add it to the wish list of functionality and if/when I get some slack time to work on the module again I might be able to do it - I'll also add a COD system to the wish list.

Thanks for your feedback,

Alan.

MTechMgr

• Beginner
    • Messinian Tech
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2012, 15:17:00 pm »
Dear Alan,
Thx for the quick response!
The shipping options i created are:
  • SPEEDEX DOMESTIC
  • SPEEDEX DOMESTIC COD
  • SPEEDEX DOMESTIC Saturday delivery
  • SPEEDEX DOMESTIC delivery till 10 am
The problem is if someone wants COD AND saturday delivery, how can it be modifed?
Also client's choice is COD what should he choose in the next step in ways of payments?

Along with your module i have published UPS module for clients in Europe.
So things get messed up for the whole set-up of the steps.

What do you suggest?

MTechMgr

• Beginner
    • Messinian Tech
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2012, 15:23:47 pm »
I'm also trying to find an algorithm for setting up prices when products are more than 3 kgs. I'ts frustrating to set up weight and modifiers one by one and be limited to 10kgs cause the list grows up.
For example speedex costs for intercity service are:
  • up to 3 kgs 3 euros
  • for every extra kg 1 euro
But for domestic service we have:
  • 3 euros for up to 3 kgs
  • 1,20 euro for every extra kg
So someone has to set up modifer-type and modifier-amount for every extra kg. Can't we set it up in a different way?OR maybe modify php file with a loop or something for such cases?