Author Topic: UK Postcode/County/Country code zones module  (Read 95870 times)

TRIPLEdm

• TRIPLEdm
Re: UK Postcode/County/Country code zones module
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2012, 13:10:09 pm »
I got it setup but for some reason shipping is just not tuned into my brain I go a complete blank.

Is there anybody who can help me set this up? I don't mind paying.

FOUR ZONES:

Zone1: (UK Mainland)
Free delivery on orders over X amount
All others charged at X amount
Zone 2: (Not UK Mainland)
NO Free delivery amount
Charges for first X.kg and then add amount for every X.kg thereafter
Zone 3: (EU list of 26 countries)
NO Free delivery amount
Charges for first X.kg and then add amount for every X.kg thereafter
Zone 4: (Other)
NO Free delivery amount
Charges for first X.kg and then add amount for every X.kg BUT disclaimer that charges could be more and will be confirmed.

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

THANK YOU!
JC
www.tripledm.com
www.sapromo.com
"... Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift, that's why we call it Present"

alanB

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2012, 13:25:54 pm »
Hi all,

just to let you all know that I've just updated the module to 1.52 and it's available for download via http://extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&sobi2Id=442&Itemid=2&Itemid=2.

I've fixed an error that stopped the correct "Rate type" being saved that I think several people were posting about so that should fix some peoples issues.

I've also added a fix to support multiple currencies (thanks to David Meier for spotting and suggesting the answer).

Cheers,

Alan.

TRIPLEdm

• TRIPLEdm
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2012, 18:39:58 pm »
Hi all,

just to let you all know that I've just updated the module to 1.52 and it's available for download via http://extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&sobi2Id=442&Itemid=2&Itemid=2.

I've fixed an error that stopped the correct "Rate type" being saved that I think several people were posting about so that should fix some peoples issues.

I've also added a fix to support multiple currencies (thanks to David Meier for spotting and suggesting the answer).

Cheers,

Alan.
Thank you for awesome module! Is there someone you can refer or perhaps yourself who can setup the module for me? (PAID)
JC
www.tripledm.com
www.sapromo.com
"... Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift, that's why we call it Present"

alanB

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 09:58:24 am »
Hi all,

Cheers,

Alan.
Thank you for awesome module! Is there someone you can refer or perhaps yourself who can setup the module for me? (PAID)

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else who's used this module can do that for you, you could contact my company contact@altcom.co.uk for a quote to do it but if you post here what shipping rules you need I might be able to tell you how to set it up yourself.

Cheers,

Alan.

TRIPLEdm

• TRIPLEdm
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 10:01:56 am »
Ok super thanks ALAN,

I am going to compile the list of zones with specs and will post here shorty.

THANK YOU!
JC
www.tripledm.com
www.sapromo.com

turrikan

• Beginner
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2012, 16:43:52 pm »
Hi, i have a question:

I have 2 zones:

- Italy   5euro     free for over 70euro

- Spain 10euro    free for over 100euro

Now i want to create a free delivery for all zones for just one product that is gift card send by e-mail..

could you help me please, my head is about to eplode :)

alanB

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2012, 10:25:38 am »
Hi, i have a question:

I have 2 zones:

- Italy   5euro     free for over 70euro

- Spain 10euro    free for over 100euro

Now i want to create a free delivery for all zones for just one product that is gift card send by e-mail..

could you help me please, my head is about to eplode :)

I guess one way  you might be able to do this by setting the shipping rate to be by weight bands with one band for 1+kg at 5euro rate and set the Spain zone to add 5euro to the shipping rate. Then set all products to weigh 1kg except the gift card which you set to 0kg.

I've not tested this but it seems to me it should work unless you need to set weights correctly in which case then if you can set the gift card weight to 0 still then the weight band could be 0.01+ or whatever the smallest weighing item is. The shop that I originally created this module for was shipping items that occupied 1 or more pallets and I used the weight bands to charge shipping per pallet where 1kg weight equalled one pallet.

Cheers,

Alan.

wanniez

• Beginner
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2012, 01:30:27 am »
Hi there,
I created 3 different zones (see attachment), ( Rate type : flat rate. )
 - UK  £6.95
 - International £19.95
 - International (bundle) £34.95<--- this is when international customers buy cricket bat, pad and glove so they can choose for a bundle rate.

However , when I tested it with a US address, the only option that appeared was 'international' ,not the bundle option... WHY??
Please help.  :'(

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

alanB

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2012, 10:17:40 am »
Hi there,
I created 3 different zones (see attachment), ( Rate type : flat rate. )
 - UK  £6.95
 - International £19.95
 - International (bundle) £34.95<--- this is when international customers buy cricket bat, pad and glove so they can choose for a bundle rate.

However , when I tested it with a US address, the only option that appeared was 'international' ,not the bundle option... WHY??
Please help.  :'(

Thanks

Hi,

I'm afraid the module won't work like that - it finds the first zone that matches not all zones that match so that's why only the international rate is shown. If the bundle rate was for separate products then you could have the two zones like you do with International set to disallow the bundle products and International (Bundle) set to only allow the bundle products.

If that's not the case then you could set a shipping option but that would affect both the UK and International zones unless you created a second instance of the module and configured the main one with just the UK zone and the second one with the international zone + bundle option.

Hope that makes sense.

I guess there might be situations that need multiple zone matches so I'll add to the wish list an option to match only the first matching zone or all matching zones. No guarantees when I might get time to get the next version done as there's been no slack time at work for ages now so no free time to work on this.

Cheers,

Alan.

hrhsii

• Beginner
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2012, 12:14:19 pm »
Hi

Is it possible to have weight bands for different zones, or due you have to set up a new instance.

I want weight bands for uk, Europe, and Rest of the world.

From what i see the weight bands do not work with the zones only the default zone, or am I incorect.

A the moment i use the standard shipping module with weight bands for Europe and the Rest of the World, and your shipping module for uk weight bands. I would like to use your module for all countries as everything is in one place.

alanB

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2012, 12:22:58 pm »
Hi

Is it possible to have weight bands for different zones, or due you have to set up a new instance.

I want weight bands for uk, Europe, and Rest of the world.

From what i see the weight bands do not work with the zones only the default zone, or am I incorect.

A the moment i use the standard shipping module with weight bands for Europe and the Rest of the World, and your shipping module for uk weight bands. I would like to use your module for all countries as everything is in one place.

Hi,

the rate bands and options all affect all zones in the module, you would have to set up separate instances to apply different bands or options etc.

Cheers,

Alan.

hrhsii

• Beginner
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2012, 13:35:49 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.

hrhsii

• Beginner
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2012, 15:41:39 pm »
Hi

I have just upgraded to 1.52, I upload the files to the location in the readme file, now i have the main shipping module saying 1.52, but my other instances are 1.51, how do i upgrade them all, do i have to edit all the files manually?

alanB

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2012, 15:49:36 pm »
Hi

I have just upgraded to 1.52, I upload the files to the location in the readme file, now i have the main shipping module saying 1.52, but my other instances are 1.51, how do i upgrade them all, do i have to edit all the files manually?

Hi,

yes - auto upgrading instances is on the todo list. You'll have to overwrite the postcode1.php etc files with copies of the 1.52 version manually. Don't overwrite the postcode1.cfg.php etc files for the instances - the config files will be upgraded if needed by the module without losing your configuration.

Cheers,

Alan

hrhsii

• Beginner
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2012, 15:50:53 pm »
Thanks Alan