News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Firesandbathrooms.com, what do you think?

Started by TomFrom, August 31, 2010, 14:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFrom

Im currently working on this website, its online but not processing orders, all the products are just mock products for me to work on the design with.

I have used eny lovely store theme and modified it to look better
Im also using the shaper plus template but i have redesigned how it looks completely.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, im currently moving through all the template files to keep the same look and feel throughout the website.

Can anyone spot any problems?

www.firesandbathrooms.com

Im new to joomla and virtuemart but i have been a graphic / web designer for the past 5 years.

Denwa

Hi TomFrom your store looks good apart from your "add to cart" button which doesn't really fit in with the rest of your website. I have purchased the lovely store theme but I am havig trouble editing the related products section at the bottom, the image is resizing itself but the price and add to cart button are right on top of the image could you possibly point me in the right direction, thank for your time

Denwa

The site is offline at the moment but I found the files for the related products and stripped out all the CSS I didn't need.

TomFrom

Did it work ok before you took the CSS out? its hard to know whats wrong without seeing the page. screenshot?

jsteele823

While your add to cart button doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the theme - you don't really want it to.

It helps your conversion rate if people don't have to think about what they're supposed to do on a page. The button you have sends a clear message.

I would suggest trying out different verbage, though. Perhaps "buy now" or something to that effect. When people are remodeling, they usually want it done yesterday, so the urgency of "now" might help more people click.
Free 30 day trial -
Small Business SEO

Shibumi

Keep in mind that you can set different templates for each category... Also, if you are using a VirtueMart theme, make sure you check the theme setup documentation. Some templates will have multiple CSS files and certain default elements can override other elements. Best rule of thumb, make a small change, upload, and test the results making any changes as necessary.
Jeff
=================================================
Scionergy.com - www.Scionergy.com
Scion Owners Club of Ottawa - www.ScionOwnersClubOttawa.ca
Capital Door Service - www.CapitalDoorService.com - VM2.0.20b, Joomla 2.5.11 PHP5.2.11 powered site

Denwa

Quote from: jsteele823 on February 03, 2011, 21:29:17 PM
While your add to cart button doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the theme - you don't really want it to.

It helps your conversion rate if people don't have to think about what they're supposed to do on a page. The button you have sends a clear message.

I would suggest trying out different verbage, though. Perhaps "buy now" or something to that effect. When people are remodeling, they usually want it done yesterday, so the urgency of "now" might help more people click.
Quote from: TomFrom on February 02, 2011, 12:54:35 PM
Did it work ok before you took the CSS out? its hard to know whats wrong without seeing the page. screenshot?
I stripped out alot of crap and it works alot better now  the images are the right size, but I also removed the add to cart button because if you have product drop downs you don't have the add to cart button so I onl have the title, image and price.