Author Topic: Quantity and 'Add to Cart' button is missing  (Read 7633 times)

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
Re: Quantity and 'Add to Cart' button is missing
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 04:51:08 am »
We are now bypassing the checking. The print lines are there to find out what is causing the problem. Otherwise the problem will persists someday when you need to hide some products or update vm.
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

trusting

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 05:35:34 am »
So it sounds like we still have a problem.  (I had wondered about that.  It's functional, but still not working right.)

Any idea where we need to look for the real problem?

Thanks,
Teresa

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 06:08:37 am »
Why don't you put the debug code in to let me take a look?
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

trusting

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 17:31:25 pm »
Joseph, my apologies.  It was using the debug code ... but had removed the first couple of lines so it looked proper.  I've put it all in now - exactly as you wrote it.

Thanks for your continued assistance. :)

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 17:58:36 pm »
It is confirmed you have a custom value for PHPSHOP_PRODUCT_CALL language element. (I should have told you to check that file but was distracted somehow.)
This language element should not be empty. You can go the this file to change the value:
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/common/english.php
The line no. is probably 246 but since you have a custom file, the exact line no. may vary. Instead of an empty string '', put in something inside the quotes such as 'call for pricing'.
This should fix your problem and you can revert the addtocart_form.tpl.php file to its original form.

trusting

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 19:25:56 pm »
Joseph,

Thank you so much! 

That was indeed the problem, and the fix. 

The reason I'd blanked out the "Call for Price" line is that we have one book (Heart Transformation in the Christian Living category) that does not have a price, but is simply referred to their own website.  When I click on the "Call for Price" link, there is an error message that says, "Sorry, but the Product you've requested wasn't found!" 

Is there a simple way to disconnect the "Call for Price" link?  Or do I need to set up something to connect the link?  (The store information phone and email fields are complete, but it's not picking that up.)

Thanks,
Teresa

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 20:36:55 pm »
You can remove the call for price link by changing the file common/price.tpl.php in the templates directory.
Comment out line 6 of that file by adding // at the beginning of the line.

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 20:42:17 pm »
Sorry. It is not line 6, but line 7 and 8. I checked an already hacked file and gave the wrong number.

trusting

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 21:22:54 pm »
When I commented out line 7 and 8, it left the price area blank, BUT it added the "Add to Cart" button at the bottom. 

I tried commenting out only line 7.  That left the link in and it went to the SITE home page (which would confuse the visitor since our contact info isn't on the home page).

Solution for my site:  Comment out line 7 and add a new line:
   $link = 'contact-us#ht';
('contact-us#ht' is the contact page and anchor on the site.)

Joseph, thank you so much for your patience and kind advice in getting this resolved.  God bless!