News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

unpublish product on expiry

Started by dsrpmedia, January 29, 2011, 19:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrpmedia

Hi

I need to be able to set an expiry date, and have the product automatically unpublish after expiry.

I have seen in the forums this exact feature requested since 2007, and no solutions.

It cannot be that hard??!!

If anyone can do it - how much?

lowmips

This actually would not be a difficult project...create a new field in the project table for the expiration date, and have a new datepicker on the "Product Status" page.

Then create a table which indicates the last time the expirations were checked.  Then either create a cron job script to run daily, or insert code into the main virtuemart parser. This script would check the expiration date for every product, unpublishing as necessary. Once done, write todays date into the expiration check table.  If this script has already run today (as indicated in the new table), skip the checks altogether.

This outline should help any potential scripter who wants to pick this up.  Or, if/when I get time I could do it for you (it will be a while though..I'm swamped).

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

berges

hello do you have any news about it ?

dsrpmedia

lowmips

Please email me, I'll put you in my work queue.  I'm unsure of when I'll be able to get to it, but I'll definitely do it.

Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

berges

on paid dev or just for community ?

lowmips

Paid work.  This is the commercial jobs section, after all!  ;)

-Reggie

berges

berges