News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Print order to networked printer

Started by slinks, December 21, 2010, 11:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slinks

Hi - Im looking for a dev that can help me acheive the following;

Im using VM for an online takeaway delivery service. What I would like to acheive if possible is once the checkout process is complete and the end user confirms the order, as well as it sending an email to the admin, would it be possible to print the order off to a kitchen printer located at the restaurant?

The printer will obviously be networked, static IP, connected direct to the router via ethernet etc... ?  I have already 'dumbed' down the order email thats sent to admin and tested it to print ok on a 100mm receipt printer.  My problem is adding the line of code to the 'submit order' button that will tell VM that aswell as sending the order email to also print to a the specified IP address.

Willing to pay for service. Any will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Brick Stone

Hey Slinks... I've got mine printing automatically but I need your help if your game.....  I need my print out to be small like yours for a restaurant printer....

Can you hook me up and tell me what you did to dumb it down? or where to start looking?

What I am doing for my auto-print needs is sending the email directly to the stores computer.  Thunderbird is used to collect the email and checks every minute.   Thunderbird has an Auto-print add-on that works perfect and I get the orders printed instantly.     As far as the setup of a networked printer... I still think you need an email app to parse the data so a printer can use it...  I could be wrong.  But this is where I'm at... 

Hope to hear from you soon.... as I'm stumped too

If this doesn't get to me... drop me a line at ofm @ entropy-sites.com

In your case....  I would first set up the email that gets the order in the host to also forward to the intended address....    You can forward to as many as you like or even CC the incoming mails from your hosts Control Panel.

Inspireddevelopment

Hi Brick Stone / Slinks,

I am also looking at intoducing automatic print functionality to a takeaway food webiste. I am wondering if either of you have achived pinting to a small printer?? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks Ben