News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

USPS and Flat Rate

Started by thilina, December 12, 2010, 16:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thilina

Hi

How can I configure USPS module to work following condition ?

Shipping is through the USPS and is $5 per box. Three or more boxes are a flat rate of $15.

Can anyone give me any advise?

Thank you.

lowmips

You may want to try the shipvalue or shipquantity modules.  The USPS module will not do this for you as-is.

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

thilina

Quote from: lowmips on December 12, 2010, 21:01:04 PM
You may want to try the shipvalue or shipquantity modules.  The USPS module will not do this for you as-is.

Reggie
Quote from: lowmips on December 12, 2010, 21:01:04 PM

Reggie

Hi Reggie

Thanks for your reply. but my client wants to use USPS as shipper and automatically calculate the shipping costs. how can I solve this issue ?

lowmips

Hi,
You state that you want flat rate prices of $5 per box, $15 for 3 boxes.  This means you'll need to use a flat-rate set up like with shipvalue or shipquantity.  The USPS module will query for real rates, which will vary, meaning you will not get the flat rates as you've stated that you prefer.

Therefore, you will have to use another module to accomplish your goals.  You understand that the other modules mentioned allow you to name the rates whatever you wish, correct? So you could attribute the rates to "USPS" in the rate setup.

Hope this helps.
Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)