News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[IMPLEMENTED] Update mootools to 1.2

Started by aravot, October 27, 2010, 22:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanardi

Please what?
I already said that probably MooTools 1.2 will be included in VirtueMart 1.1.7... but i cannot promise you anything. You may help Aravot in his job.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

aravot

Quote from: davidyv on December 18, 2010, 08:55:04 AM
The lightbox images and slimbox add to cart can not work when enable "System - Mootools Upgrade" system plugin in joomla 1.5.22.

I have Joomla 1.5.22
Virtuemart 1.1.6
and System - Mootools Upgrade enabled

Everything works fine

jetwang

Hi aravot,
  Does the upgrade job has any progress?

aravot

Addition of Mootools 1.2.4 is progressing well however to be able to do a thorough test I need to know what issues are related so I can test it.

luisfdoc1

Hi Aravot,
I had to install Kunena, so I have to use Mootools 1.2, and I found out that if I downgrade I will loose the posts... So I have no way back...
I really would like to have Virtuemart to work with Mootools 1.2, at this moment there are some issues that do not work on my site, such as Modal windows and the model windows for the ajax cart... al so VM is messing with other MT1.2 components such as the menu (RocketTheme template)...
Do you know when we can have MT1.2 in VM?
Thanks!

aravot

Without telling me step by step how to duplicate the issue(s) so I could fix it, I cannot be of any help.

luisfdoc1

Hi Aravot,
1.The Lightbox (modal windows) Does NOT work, it opens the large image in a blank new window.
2. The Modal window for "Add to cart" the one that says "Continue-View Cart" it does not show up.
3. In any VM page, the menu does not have any animations (Rockettheme menu).

Those 3 are the main issues I have seen so far.
Thanks!

aravot

Another user 'davidyv' reported the same issue, however I can not duplicate it on my site, maybe the issue is not mootools but incompatibility between 3rd party extensions/plugins, what 3rd party extensions and plugins you have installed?

luisfdoc1

Aravot,
I will setup a test site, so that you can see the problems (I am only using Rocketheme template and components, and as soons as I set MT Upgrade, I get those problems... In the meantime do you know of any extension or way to disable MT 1.2 for VM pages only?
Thanks for all your help.

aravot

Just let me know which extensions you are using and I will test it.

I tested using
Joomla 1.5.22
Virtuemart 1.1.6
System - Mootools Upgrade enabled

No other extension installed everything works, so maybe something in RT template, which one are you using?

luisfdoc1

Aravot,
Please go here:
http://www.emagix.net/7th-ray-test/tools-for-transformation.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=3&category_id=3

For example click on the "View full size image" for the Shovel, or the add to cart... also the Menu animation will stop animating... :(
Thanks!

luisfdoc1

Hi Aravot,
I found the trouble JS file. RT uses the Gantry framework, and that framework has the mootools-1.2.5.js file. if I stop loading that extension, the add to cart and lightbox start working.. (by the way, the MT-Upgrade" does not affect VM, ON-OFF gave the same result.. but is I cut that individual JS file in Gantry , it solves it...
So what should be done?  If this is a RT problem, can you clarify here, so that I can go to them and point to this post?
Thanks!

pierregulpen

I have a Shape5 template and also problems with the Mootools upgrade plugin publisched. So It can not be only a RT problem.. :-\

luisfdoc1

any news regarding this issue?
Thanks