News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[IMPLEMENTED] Update mootools to 1.2

Started by aravot, October 27, 2010, 22:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pr1de

I would REALLY like you to update mootools to 1.2
That would solve a lot of problems on my website.
PLEASE!!!

zanardi

I agree that MooTools 1.2 support would be nice but honestly, we don't have the resources to do that for 1.1.x series. Everyone is now focused on 1.5 version as we all know; we should expect MooTools 1.2 support in VM 1.5.

Of course if anyone else would like to contribute by coding or by paying someone to do it, we will be happy to include that in 1.1.x.

--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

Pr1de

Why am i not reach enough.....  :-\

aravot

If enough users make a pledge we could get this done.

The code has to check if Joomla 'System - Mootools Upgrade' is enabled load mootools 1.2 if not load mootools 1.11

zanardi

It's not as simple as that. Using MooTools 1.2 instead of MooTools 1.11 could as well break something in the front-end, so it should be well tested; at the moment we don't have anyone with the right knowledge and with the time to do it.
In this case users' pledge is not enough if we don't have anyone who can do that.

I agree MooTools 1.2 is a good thing but PLEASE ANYONE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE STRONGLY FOCUSING ON RELEASING VIRTUEMART 1.5, which will bring many improvements. With 1.5 so near, 1.1.x coding will be JUST bug fixing.

Of course, again, if anyone else can contribute by testing MooTools 1.2 support and/or paying someone to do that, then i would be glad to include it in 1.1.x.

Hope everyone can understand our position, we have very limited resources.

--
Francesco (zanardi)
@gibilogic on Twitter

aravot

Quote from: zanardi on October 29, 2010, 12:31:28 PM
Of course, again, if anyone else can contribute by testing MooTools 1.2 support and/or paying someone to do that, then i would be glad to include it in 1.1.x.

So if users pledge and we raise enough money to hire a developer this can be done.

@Pr1de, could you please state what issues you are having?

Pr1de

The biggest issue of mine is that some customers, which use IE(7) are logged in for 50-60 times. That means that they log in every time they browse 1 page, i think.
Also they can not order anything, because they get an error at STEP 1: "change send method". If they try an other send method, they get the same error and can not finish their order.
One customer downloaded Google Chrome and then he could finish his order.

This happens with mootools update plugin: off.

When the mootools plugin is on, some scrollers are not working any more.(not original VM scroller) and also can not enlarge product pictures any more.....

But, the customers have no problems with IE any more (almost for sure).

I use Joomla 1.5.21 with VM 1.1.5

Pr1de

Thank you for willing helping, but i think this is a template issue.
My plan is to get an other template, soon.
Just keep working on VM 1.5, it's more important :-)

Thanx again

zanardi

@Peter and @Pr1de:
the specific issue reported by @Pr1de may have to do with the template. Porting our JavaScript to MooTools 1.2 requires a rewrite of some of it and needs a JavaScript expert, which i am not. I can't even know if it's a quick or huge task. So first of all we should find such contributor.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
@gibilogic on Twitter

aravot

I know a person who is JavaScript expert, and I am willing to take the cost, what we have to do is figure out how it has to be done or what needs to be done.

I guess we can't convert everything to mootools 1.2 because there might be users still using Joomla with mootools 1.1 or templates that use mootools 1.1 so either we should implement a check and load proper version of mootools or forget about this.

zanardi

I don't know enough about JavaScript and MooTools, but i hope there could be a way of writing code that is compatible with both 1.12 and 1.2. Otherwise, as you said there should be a check that loads different scripts for different version.

A good start should be to isolate every piece of JavaScript included in VirtueMart.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
@gibilogic on Twitter

davidyv

My site use kunena 1.6.1, it requires MooTools 1.2+. But I use VirtueMart 1.1.6 also.

The lightbox images and slimbox add to cart can not work when enable "System - Mootools Upgrade" system plugin in joomla 1.5.22.

kunena 1.6.1 will can not work if disable "System - Mootools Upgrade" system plugin in joomla 1.5.22.

PLEASE!!!