News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Ambient Living

Started by kbrookes, June 01, 2010, 08:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbrookes

We've just launched a new VM site for our client, Ambient Living.

It's a boutique homewares/gift site with a very dedicated business owner. Under our direction, she's learned the basics of photography and lighting and has taken the original idea (the site was only supposed to have 10 or 15 products) and really run with it.

We've done a significant amount of customisation for this client, having to alter core VM files to get the look and feel we wanted. It's an ongoing work as we do minor tweaks to improve.

Kelsey
thinksync

mowlman

I know its' probably by design, but I personally do not care for how the top menu is Not lined up.

The color choice and layout is pleasing to the eye.

I do not like being forced to register in order to buy something. Possibly think about optional account creation? (Option in VM config)

Credit processing - Maybe this is due to the fact that you may be in Test mode, but I am able to leave name blank, and whatever I want for security code (as long as it is not blank).

I do get an error if I put in a wrong credit card number. I tried using the TEST MasterCard # 5424000000000015 and it processed to the confirm order page.   It did flag if I chose an earlier month.

kbrookes

Hi mowlman,

Thanks for the critique!

I'm of two minds about the misaligned text menu also. The client likes it, my business partner does not. It was a 'happy accident' caused by the font replacement utility. I'll keep that in mind for future updates.

You're right, we were in testing mode back then - users are no longer forced to register.
Kelsey
thinksync