News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

HTML form based (e.g. paypal) NOT WORKING

Started by LoriMo, July 10, 2010, 20:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoriMo

When I choice HTML form based (e.g. paypal) as a payment method, Step 1 of the checkout process doesn't work.  When the customer clicks the checkout button they are directed to Checkout Step 2 of 2 instead of Check Step 1 of 1, which is the shipping and billing info page.

When I choose Credit card as the payment method, everything works fine in VM but the customer has to repeat the credit card info when they get to the paypal page.

I want to skip the credit card info in VM (choosing HTML form based does this)and let the customer fill in the info at paypal. But when I use the HTML form based payment method, it skips the billing and shipping info and when the customer clicks on the button that should direct them to paypal, they get an error message asking them to choose a shipping method.

What am I doing wrong?

funkybuddha72

Depending on what kind of shipping you have set up this may be down to the weight of the product. If the product has no weight and then the shipping method has variables in regarding the weights say 1 > 5kg it won't pick the shipping method.
Hope that helps you and the info is clear - if not drop me a line and let me know.