Author Topic: Affiliate link as a product  (Read 5460 times)

chrisaudio

• Beginner
Affiliate link as a product
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:19:51 am »
Hello guys,
I'm looking for a solution which make it possible to offer some product as affiliates in the regular categories of the virtuemart. Does anyone know how I could solve that issue?
The product should have instead of the "cart" button a button that says "purchase at affiliate" (for example) that redirects the customer via the affiliate link to another site.

Thanks in advance for your help.

all the best,
chris

richsung

Re: Affiliate link as a product
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:21:07 am »
Hey Chris,

All products in Virtuemart have a "product_url" field - you can set the affiliate link here.

For products that are purchased through an affiliate, you could change your fly page and category browse pages to check for the existence of the product_url field for that product. If it's non null (""), you can show the "purchase at affiliate" button surrounded by an <a> tag for the affiliate link. There's a spot in the template where it outputs a variable called $form_addtocart... you can choose to not output this in the case of the affiliate link being active for this product.

Hope this helps,
--Rich

chrisaudio

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:33:51 am »
Hello,

thank you for your help. I'll try this and post if it's running.

All the best,
Chris

redmoskito

• Beginner
    • red moskito - web solutions
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:20:22 am »
Hello,

thanks for this quick solution! Is there a ready to use solution/plugin for this case?

Roland
--
red moskito - web solutions
Roland Mücke
Email: info@redmoskito.de | WEB: https://www.redmoskito.de